Our research focus and field of competence includes several topics within economic geography, regional development and restructuring, environmental issues, planning and regulations, place development and place identity.
Studies and publications include theoretical and empirical studies of firms and industries, population, localities, political, social, cultural and economic structures and regulations.
The main topics are:
- Entrepreneurship, innovations and the formation of new industries
- Industrial- and regional development, technology-society interaction
- Green economies, entrepreneurship, innovations and firm strategies
- International trade and restructuring of the markets for seafood
- Governance of natural resources and energy, political management and restructuring
- Foreign Direct Investments: global processes and local response
- Tourism, culture, and recreation industries: local food, outdoor tourism, film and design
- Service economy and geography, firm structures, management strategies and regional effects
- Place, culture and identity: constructions, experiences and practice
- Planning: environmental concerns, mobility, urban-, settlement- and industrial- development