The aim of the Trauma Psychology Research Group (TPRG) is the advancement and exchange of knowledge about methods for assessment and treatment of post trauma psychological distress.
This includes to
- study the mental health effects of traumatic events and the mediating effects of coping, vulnerability, and resilience
- provide instruments for the assessment of short- and long-term trauma reactions
- study and develop methods for psychological assistance and treatment for traumatized individuals
- establish a forum for the integration of research, education and clinical work
- collaborate with mental health services, child welfare services and others in the development of competence in trauma psychology