Under the UiB guidelines, SFF-IV – Centre for Early Sapiens Behaviour (SapienCE) – shall remain independent from the collaborating departments/faculties in respect of research and governance.
The scientific staff affiliated with the Centre shall be employed either by the host department, acollaborating department/faculty or an external partner. The Centre’s external partners are named inthe contract with the Research Council.
As the project owner, the UiB will enter into consortiums with the following partners:
1. University of the Witwatersrand (Wits), adjunct professor to be appointed by the AHKR
2. UNI Research Climate, includes PI3. University of London, Royal Holloway, includes PI
4. University of Bordeaux and CNRS, adjunct professor to be appointed by AHKR
5. Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen, adjunct professor to be appointed by the AHKR
As the project owner, the UiB will enter into a separate agreement with the following partner:
1. Berkeley Geochronology Center, for R&D services
Internally, at UiB, collaboration agreements will be entered into between the Centre and thefollowing units:
1. The Department of Archaeology, History, Cultural Studies and Religion (AHKR) at the Facultyof Humanities
2. The Department of Earth Science at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
3. The Department of Psychosocial Science at the Faculty of Psychology
4. Department of Biological and Medical Psychology at the Faculty of Psychology
The agreements shall regulate the distribution of and reporting on funding, contributions, academic resources, doctoral and postdoctoral fellowships, access to research infrastructure as well as in-kindcontributions. The agreements shall ensure that the parties share responsibility for the content, implementation and outcomes of the project and that the level of academic expertise is sustained by the collaborating departments for the duration of the project.
The host department and the Centre shall call for dialogue meetings with the partner departments twice a year. The dialogue meetings may be used to propose and implement measures to maintain awell-functioning and efficient collaboration between the departments and the Centre. Minutes detailing the measures shall be taken. The Centre management, chairperson and departmentmanagement shall attend these meetings.