HSE-goals for 2019-2020
On this page you will find SKOK and SVT's goals regarding health, safety, and environment in 2019-2020.
The Center for the Study of Sciences and the Humanities (SVT) and the Center for Women’s and Gender Research (SKOK) adhere to the same health, safety and environment goals established by the University of Bergen and issued by CAD 25/04/1996, which states that the work environment at the University of Bergen shall:
• Promote creativity, learning, work, health and wellbeing.
• Be safe so that staff and students do not develop work-related illnesses or get injured in occupational accidents.
• Be non-discriminatory and include staff and students with health impairments and reduced work capabilities.
• Be such that all employees and students are treated with respect, shown care and given responsibility. Various forms of abuse of power will not be tolerated.
To achieve this, the University has set as high quality standards for health, environment and safety in the workplace. This is necessary because of the close interdependence between these factors. Continuous efforts to improve the quality of the overall work environment must be integrated into mainstream planning and development, be documented and followed up.
The Center for the Study of the Sciences and the Humanities and the Center for Women’s and Gender Research will prevent accidents and health injuries in order to create a happy working environment. The HSE-work will be planned and prioritized on an equal basis with regular work at SVT and SKOK. The Department Heads have the overall responsibility for ensuring that the laws and regulations are followed up. Our staff has a responsibility to report to the Department Heads on matters concerning HSE that are not addressed directly.
Priority areas for SVT and SKOK in 2019-2020:
- Continue to disseminate awareness and knowledge of HSE to the staff at SVT and SKOK through both general information and specific information.
- Facilitate a good psychosocial environment
- Fire Safety Course for all staff members at SVT and SKOK.
- First Aid and CPR Courses for all staff members at SVT and SKOK.
- Encourage recycling and energy conservation.