Choose digital mailbox
All important letters from the University of Bergen directly to your digital mailbox.
If you are to receive important letters from UiB digitally, you'll need a digital mailbox.
Why do you need a digital mailbox?
A digital mailbox is a secure solution to receive and store important mail digitally. With a digital mailbox from providers e-Boks or Digipost, you can also receive digital mail from private enterprises at the same place where you receive mail from public agencies.
There are several benefits in creating a digital mailbox:
- It's more secure than all other mail.
- It's free.
- You receive and store important letters in one place, both from private and public enterprises.
- You have access to important letters no matter where you are.
- It's environmental friendly.
Your choice: Digipost or e-Boks
You can choose between two mailboxes – Digipost or e-Boks. The mailboxes have equal status and both meet stringent security requirements. Creating and using the mailbox is free of charge. You can easily switch mailbox at a later stage if you want to.
How to get a digital mailbox
- Get out your electronic ID (e-ID), for example your BankID.
- Go to e-Boks or Digipost for more information about the different solutions. Choose the mailbox you want.
- Follow the instructions from e-Boks or Digipost to create a mailbox.
When you've created a mailbox with one of the providers, your digital mailbox address will automatically be added to the public contact register. You will then receive a text message from Difi confirming your choice of mailbox. Then you're ready to receive letters from public agencies digitally. When letters arrive, you'll be notified by SMS or e-mail.