Service declaration pertaining to library services
The University Library (UB) is an important part of the total academic and educational offerings at UiB.
The University Library (UB) is an important part of the total academic and educational offerings at UiB. Aside from borrowing literature, using computers, printout and copying services, you have access to quality-assured electronic and physical collection of literature combined with information and guidance services. In collaboration with the subject-specific environments, UB offers courses in information competence that teaches you how to locate, assess and use information, to cite and list references properly.
Duties and responsibilities of the University relating to library services include:
- Good access to literature, journals and other documents for use in education and research.
- Good access to electronic literature and information services via the University Library’s web pages.
- Training and guidance in the use of the University Library
- Training and guidance in information competence
The University expects you as a student to:
- Comply with the borrowing policy applicable to library materials
The University advises you as a student to:
- Familiarize yourself with UB’s literature and information services within your subject area.
- Take advantage of UB’s information sources to acquire the necessary information expertise for your field of study and chosen career.
- Ask for training and guidance in the use of the library’s services when you need it.