Service declaration pertaining to student workplaces
This service declaration describes what you can expect in terms of student workplaces at the University of Bergen, as well as what the university expects of you if you use one of the workplaces. It is part of the effort to ensure a total learning environment. One of the objectives of this effort is to provide enough student workplaces and to ensure that they are physically well designed and are located in a good physical environment in close geographic proximity to the academic environment,including lectures and other types of teaching.
The university shall ensure:
- Good air quality, good cleaning and a satisfactory temperature
- That chairs, desks and other furniture are ergonomically designed 
- God access to good break areas, for example student cafeterias
- That access to student workplaces will be universally designed by 2025. Universially designed student workplaces shall be available in all faculties
- That students with special needs are provided with individually adapted facilities
- Noise-free zones/reading rooms in all faculties
- That all student workplaces are adequately supplied with electrical power and wireless network
- Printers and stationary computers in proximity to all student workplaces
- Updated information on available computers in proximity to all student workplaces
Responsibility for follow-up
Estate and Facilities Management
Division of Student Affairs
If you experience a nonconformity, you can notify this through Lydia, directly contact the person in charge in the department, the information centres in the departments or your representative on the student committee.
The University expects you as a student to:
- Keep your workplace tidy so that it is possible to perform cleaning and maintenance
- Take care of equipment and furniture
- Follow the established rules pertaining to use of the workplace
- Help to ensure the best possible sharing and use of all available workplaces
- Show consideration for other students, among other things by remaining quiet in noise-free zones
 The term student workplace means all premises at the university that have been designated for academic activities for students aside from organized teaching activities. Examples are all types of reading rooms, PC rooms, group/organized seminar rooms and workplaces in the libraries.