Exam dates for the Faculty of art, music and design
You are obliged to know this information!
Important information about written exams
Start time for written exams
Exams are held between 09:00 and 19:00 (excl extra time). The start time is either 09:00 or 15:00. Each exam only has one start time.
Please note that up till 14 days prior to each exam, some written exams may be moved from 09:00 to 15:00 or from 15:00 to 09:00. Please check Studentweb or the exam schedule for your faculty.
Exam dates will not be changed barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Exam locations and room assignment
Exam locations are published 14 days prior to each exam.
Your exact exam location is assigned to you approx. 1 week prior to each exam. You need to log on to Studentweb to see your exact location. It is particularly important to check your exam location in Studentweb if the exam is held in multiple locations to make sure you meet at the correct location. This means that you may be assigned a different location than one of your fellow students.
Students who have been granted special arrangements need to log on to Studentweb to see their exam location. Special arrangements rooms should be assigned no later than 1 week prior to each exam.
Candidates must present themselves at the location by 08:45 AM.
- The candidate must control the quality of the writing on the yellow copy of the exam paper, it must be readable. The writing must be done with a biro, either blue or black. Any other pen or pencil is not allowed due to the poor quality of the writing on the yellow copy. The candidate is responsible for making the handwriting readable. If it is not possible to read the written exam paper because of the quality of the hand writing, or the use of an unauthorized pen, the candidate may risk not receiving an examination result.
- The students are responsible to make sure they do not sign up for subjects with coinciding examination days.
- The location is published as latest 14 days ahead of the examination day. You will find a short presentation about the various locations on this website: examination locations
- Before attending your examinations, please read the: Instructions to the candidates
- Regulations concerning examinations at the University of Bergen and other relevant information are given on the International Students’Portal.
- Deadline for cancelling your exam is 14 days ahead of the examination day.
- Your examination results are available on "StudentWeb".