Extend your study period
Exchange students at the University of Bergen can apply to extend their study period with one semester.
- Be an exchange student in the following categories: Bilateral, EEA/Norway grants, Erasmus+, Nordplus.
- Have a confirmation/approval letter from home university.
- The exchange period at the University of Bergen does not exceed two semesters altogether.
- Autumn semester: 1 June
- Spring semester: 15 November (1December at the very latest).
Please observe that the University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS) have different deadlines.
How to apply:
- Find courses you plan to take in the course list for exchange students.
- Obtain a written confirmation from your home university, in which they approve the extention period at the University of Bergen.
- Apply online for the extension and upload the confirmation from your home university.
If your application is granted and updated letter of extension will be send by e-mail.