Student Pages

Checklist for new international students

As a new international student at UiB, you will need to complete compulsory registrations and other formalities during the first weeks of the semester.

Ask for refund from Sammen Student Deposit Account (for visa purposes)

International students that have transferred money to the deposit account for foreign students for visa/study permit purposes, must contact Sammen (the Student Welfare Organisation) to have the money refunded.

Who:Students that have transferred money to the deposit account for visa/study permit purposes
Where:Sammen's Information desk at the Student Centre
Opening hours:Monday–Friday 08:00–15:00
When: Sammen will transfer the money to you as soon as you notify them of your Norwegian bank account number.
What you need:You must bring your passport/ID card and a copy of the deposit document.

Before you have acquired a Norwegian bank account

Sammen can issue a cash card to cover your living expenses before you have acquired a Norwegian bank account. You can have up to NOK 19,800 deposited to the cash card, NOK 9,500 at a time. Make sure that the amount is sufficient to cover your expenses until you have acquired your own bank account.

The cash card can be ordered by sending an e-mail to Sammen with your name and the required amount, or you can visit the Information desk in person. The cash card will be ready to be picked up the following day.