Study plan for MAHF-FILO Philosophy, Master's, 2 years, spring 2022
A Master's degree in Philosophy will give the student a deeper understanding of key philosophical problem areas. It is important that the student can work independently with philosophical problems and understand these in a systematic and historical context.
In order to apply for the Masters Programme in Philosophy you need a bachelor's degree in Philosophy or equivalent. You must hold a minimum of 80 ECTS in relevant courses such as Philosophy, or equivalent.
Bachelor¿s degrees from UiB that qualify:
- Bachelor's degree in Philosophy
Other bachelor degrees that qualify:
- Other bachelor degrees can qualify if you can document minimum 80 ECTS in Philosophy or equivalent.
Applicants without a specialization in Philosophy can qualify for admission by documenting that they have completed:
- At least 60 credits in Philosophy
- Applicants must also have another 30 credits that are relevant to their planned MA thesis
- Additionally, applicants should include a 500-700-word statement that explains how their academic background and competence prepares them to do an MA in Philosophy
You also need to document:
- Average grade of minimum C (equivalent to Norwegian grade C)
- www.uib.no/en/education/49142/english-language-requirements-masters-programmeswww.uib.no/en/education/49142/english-language-requirements-masters-programmesProficiency in English