Study plan for 5MAMN-MTEK Medical Technology, Integrated Master's, 5 years, spring 2023
Required Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, the candidate should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- Has good basic knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, statistics and informatics forming the basis for the technological and advanced courses in both specializations (chemistry and physics) in Medical Technology.
- Has advanced skills in one or several of their educational topics: advanced simulation and data processing, instrumentation for chemical analysis and synthesis, drug synthesis, technologies for diagnosis and radiotherapy.
- Possesses knowledge about the challenges and opportunities that exist between technology and ethics, security, economy and society.
- Can analyse and identify challenges and issues within medical technology
- Can contribute with academic development of technologies and methods that are used within selected areas of medical technology
- Can design experiment and perform quantitative calculations and perform various data analyses of large data matrices related to medical diagnosis and treatment
- Can describe and utilize technology of significant importance for medical technology and related subjects
- Can communicate and collaborate with other professions within various medical professions
- Can use their skills and knowledge in an innovative way in advanced scientific studies, work processes, and projects
- Possess scientific methods that are necessary for to conduct scientific studies and analyses
- Can communicate both orally and in written about professional issues, analysis and conclusions both with specialists and in a popularized form
- Can contribute to innovation in the development of new emerging technology for medical diagnosis and therapy
- Express understanding and respect for ethics, transparency, precision and reliability
- Can work independently and in groups with advanced scientific and/or technology projects in accordance with applicable norms for research ethics