Work- and Organisational Psychology, Bachelor's, 3 years
- Years3 years
- ECTS credits180
Working life is one of the most important arenas in peoples¿ life. At work we meet others, we develop and realize ourselves. We experience success and accomplishment, but may also experience stress, bullying and burnout.
A good working environment influences satisfaction, health and productivity. But what is important for a good working environment? How do employees relate to this work environment, and how do organizations create and maintain a good working environment?
The BA-programme will help you to understand how you may assist organizations in understanding the importance of their human capital, and help them develop their employees in terms of job performance, well-being as well as self-realization.
What you Learn
Required Learning Outcomes
A candidate with a bachelor's degree in occupational and organizational psychology from the Faculty of Psychology , University of Bergen shall:
- Have knowledge and understanding of key topics within the field of work and organizational psychology.
- Be able to understand how the phenomenon at the individual, dyad , group and organization can be studied and explained in several ways and evaluate different theoretical explanations against each other.
- Describe the subject 's historical development.
- Be able to keep up to date on the field of work and organizational psychology.
- Be able to evaluate different research methods for the collection and analysis of a data set .
- Be able to apply individual - , group-based and organizational perspective in the analysis and description of relevant phenomena .
- Be able to conduct a literature search and familiarize themselves with and consider the relevant literature.
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills in line with the field.
- In collaboration with other conduct an independent , specified research or development project that is in line with current research ethics norms and rules .
- Show a critical approach to current knowledge and practice within the field of work and organizational psychology.
- Work independently and with others in groups , organize and schedule work within given deadlines , and in line with ethical requirements and guidelines .
- Be able to convey key subject material both orally and in writing to various audiences.
- Have knowledge of applicable norms and rules for research ethics.
Study Period Abroad
Study Period Abroad
Recommendations will be made regarding educational institutions abroad, preferably places with which the Faculty has already established contact. There are also places in the NORDPLUS, ERASMUS and SOKRATES programmes for student exchanges.
How to Apply
To apply for admission to the bachelor's programme in Work and Organizational Psychology, you must have the Higher Education Entrance Qualification or have met the requirements for prior learning and work experience. No other previous education is required.