Master's Programme in Clinical Nutrition
- Years2 Years
- ECTS credits120
Objectives and content
The aim of the master's programme in clinical nutrition is to provide a theoretical and practical basis for a career as a clinical nutritionist.
A master's degree in clinical nutrition will qualify graduates for authorisation as a 'Klinisk ernæringsfysiolog' (Registered Dietician/Clinical Nutritionist) by the Norwegian government.
What you Learn
Required Learning Outcomes
The master's programme in clinical nutrition qualifies for a career in the field of clinical nutrition, and for a scientific career in nutrition research. A master's degree will qualify for authorisation as a registered dietician/clinical nutritionist ('Klinisk ernæringsfysiolog').
Upon completion of the master's programme, candidates are expected to be able to:
- recognise a clinical status, identify and conduct necessary nutritional therapies for patients in hospitals or outpatient clinics.
- work independently and in collaboration with other health personnel
- plan and conduct nutritional therapies at the organisational level, with reference to their skills in nutritional measures, methods and communication
- work in public and private organisations and institutions, food and pharmaceutical companies and international organisations
- conduct an independent, but limited research project (or development project) under supervision