Study plan for MAMN-FISK Aquamedicine, Master's, 5 years, fall 2020
A candidate who has completed his or her qualifications should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- Is aware of and can describe the anatomy, physiology and nutrition of fish.
- has a sound knowledge of pathological organisms associated with farmed and wild fish species and knows how the immune systems of fish function
- knows how the conditions related to the marine ecosystems influence disease development and disease proliferation
- understands and can explain the circumstances that may lead to illness and injury in fish farming
- can discuss relevant and appropriate methods in diagnostics
- knows different principles of and strategies for vaccination
- can explain the laws and regulations related to aquaculture and illness
- can provide correct diagnostics and treat illnesses in fish.
- can propose and monitor the implementation of disease treatment in aquatic organisms.
- can use modern working and analytical methods promoting fish health.
- can plan and conduct scientific studies based on data collected from the field and laboratory
- can formulate a research question and analyze and write a report based on the data collected from the study.
- can give advice on preventative and mitigating measures
- can read and understand scientific work relevant to aqua medicine and combatting disease
- can work within an ethical framework based on current legislation and ethical guidelines.
- can practically apply laws and regulations in daily professional practice
- can make ethically informed decisions about animal husbandry and animal experiments
- can work based on reputable scientific principles, with understanding of and respect for transparency, accuracy, accountability and knows the importance of distinguishing between knowledge and opinions.
- can work alone and with others in a team and in close contact with the industry
- can discuss the field in the public debate based on available facts and unhindered by different agendas