Self-archiving of scientific works
Employees of UiB can self-archive their scientific works in UiB’s institutional repository BORA. By doing this you will make your work more visible and easier to share.
The author holds the copyright to scientific works that has not been published. For published work where the copyright is transferred to the publisher, permission must be obtained before the work can be made available in BORA.
To check the publishers' policies, please see Sherpa/RoMEO.
How to self-archive your scientific works in BORA
Research which is registered or should be registered in CRIStin can be self-archived by using the following instruction:
- Log in to CRIStin and search for your works. If the work is not registered, this must first be done.
- Click on the number before the item to see the complete item.
- Click on the button “Deliver full-text document” at the bottom of the page.
- You must accept the required fields. Please note that BORA checks the publishers’ policy, so you don’t need permission from the publisher. You must then state which version you submit. In most cases it is the author’s accepted peer-reviewed manuscript (post-print) which the publisher allows to be self-archived, so please upload that version. Read more about versions of articles.
- Upload the file (preferably as a PDF).
- The University Library will then receive the uploaded full-text document and
- Check that the publisher permits self-archiving of the uploaded version. In instances where the publisher permits self-archiving of the published version, this will be used.
- Check if the publisher has an embargo for when the work may be made openly available and implement this embargo in BORA.
It is also possible to upload your scientific works directly in BORA. Please contact email@example.com if you are not registered as a user.
If you have question or need held, please contact us.