Women in Research
To celebrate International Women's Day, the Mathematics and Natural Sciences Library has invited colleagues from the faculty to share their experiences of working in research
What is it like working with natural sciences research? What are the highlights and challenges? Do women still experience discrimination?
To celebrate International Women’s Day, the Mathematics and Natural Sciences Library has invited colleagues from the faculty to share their experiences of working in research.
Join us 14:15 – 16:00, Friday 8th March at the Library (Realfagsbygget, floor U) – the event is open to all. Welcome!
Introductory talk: "Scientific publishing - Women in numbers" - Susanne Mikki (Senior Academic Librarian, Head of Research Support)
Panel discussion: "Women's experiences from natural sciences research" -
- Beatriz Balino (Senior Adviser, National Coordinator of the Norwegian Marine University Consortium)
- Elin Darelius (Associate Professor, Geophysical Institute)
- Bodil Holst (Professor, Department of Physics and Technology)
- Karin Pittman (Professor, Department of Biological Sciences)
- Mali Husby Rosnes (Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry)
Moderator: Ingunn Rødland (Academic Librarian, Mathematics and Natural Sciences Library)
Note that the event will be held in English, but Norwegian is welcome for questions from the audience.