Request, pick-up and return at the door
This service now includes returns. Everyone can now return any books or items that they have borrowed.
Return of books/items:
- You can now come to the libraries on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 12:00-14:00 to return items that you have borrowed. You do not need to arrange this in advance. Have the items ready in a bag. Ring the telephone number outside the library and let us know you are here. A member of staff will come out and take the bag.
- You can also return items using the item-return slot, next to the outer door at the Arts and humanities Library. This slot is always open, so you can return items at any time.
The University of Bergen Library continues to offer a pick-up service where requested items can be collected at the door. This service is available for books and other documents that are currently available at the following libraries:
- Arts and Humanities Library (UBBHF),
incl. Depot (UBBDEP)
- Social Sciences, Music and Psychology Library (UBBSMP)
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences library (UBBRB)
- Law Library (UBBJUR)
- Fine Art and Design Library (UBBKD)
- Medical Library (UBBMED)
Who is this service available for?
This service is available for employees and students at the University of Bergen and Haukeland University Hospital.
What can be requested?
You can request materials from our own collections that are critical/necessary for your work and are not available digitally.
Stillhet i støyens tid
If a book is on loan, please don't send a request at the time being.
When can you place a request?
Orders can be placed from Monday 20th April and onwards.
When can you pick up?
Pick-up is available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 12:00 and 14:00.
The pick-up service is closed Friday 1st of May and Monday 1st of June.
Where is the pick-up point?
You will collect your requested items outdoors, by the main entrance to the library which owns the items.
How to: Requesting and pick-up routine
Order via Oria or send an email to your library. You will receive a message when the items have been prepared and are ready for collection. The message will also include which library you should pick up from.
When you arrive, check the signs outside the relevant library for the contact telephone number. Ring this number to tell the staff that you have arrived, and someone will come out with the items in a bag. The items will be handled according to current rules for infection control precautions (smittevernregler).
Pick-up of items will always take place outside. Access to the buildings is not permitted. Take care to follow current infection control precautions when collecting, including keeping 2 metres between yourself and others.
There will be no claims or fees in this period. All loans are automatically extended during this situation.