Make your research visible using researcher profiles
This seminar will demonstrate how to use ORCID and other researcher profiles to showcase your work
Having a researcher profile is a great way to showcase contributions to your field and open science engagement. Author IDs, which ensure your works are correctly attributed, are also allocated by some services.
However, there are many services to choose from, with various features and audiences, and it can be difficult to navigate. This seminar will:
- Give an introduction to the landscape of researcher profile services and advice about what to choose
- Demonstrate the main features in ORCID, an author ID system used by many journals and funding agencies to identify authors. This will include how to add your works quickly using automatic import functions.
- Talk about how to showcase various open science outputs such as publications, conference contributions, peer-reviews, preprints, open datasets and code.
- How features compare to Publons and Google Scholar profiles
- How to link out to other profiles, such as social media
Use the "Register" link in the information box on this page to register your place.
This course is in English. The course will run if there are 5+ UiB participants registered. A Zoom link will be sent to registered participants the day before the seminar.
MittUiB self-learning course