Publication fund for Open Access at the University of Bergen
Researchers from the University of Bergen can apply for funding to cover Article Processing Charges (APC) to publish Open Access.
UiB has Open Access publishing deals with several publishers. You do not need to apply for funding for articles that are covered by these deals. Read more about the deals, which journals are covered, and which authors are eligible. For more information, please see our tutorial open access - step by step.
The publication fund covers:
1. Open Access articles
- The publication fund may provide funding up to NOK 30 000 + taxes to cover article processing charges (APC) to publish in eligible open access journals. The journal must be registered on level 1 or 2 in the Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers and in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
- Open Access articles in subscription journals (Hybrid Open Access) are not eligible for funding.
2. Open Access books
- The publication fund may provide funding up to NOK 100 000 + taxes to publish an open access monograph.
- The publication fund may provide funding up to NOK 30 000 + taxes to publish a chapter in an open access anthology. The whole anthology must be published open access. The amount of funding will be based on the total cost of the book and the share of UiB authors.
Applications will be granted based on the complete guidelines.
The main principles for support are:
- The applicant must be the corresponding author of the publication and affiliated to UiB. The affiliation to UiB must be stated in the publication as the author’s institutional address.
- The article/book/chapter must be submitted for publication.
- The article/book/chapter must be a peer reviewed academic publication and count in the Norwegian funding model (for instance editorials, comments, debates, study protocols and case reports does not count).
- The journal/publisher must be registered on level 1 or 2 in the Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers.
- The article/book/chapter must be published with a Creative Commons-license.
You can apply for funding by using the following application form.
The application will usually be processed within 2 working days. For approved applications the applicant will receive information about payment in the reply.