Engelsk: Improve Your Academic Writing and Presentation Skills in English
Mastering academic English can be as important as mastering your discipline itself. It is often decisive for conference presentations, getting published in journals and networking. Even if your general level of English is high, many scholars can benefit from expanding their skills in both written and oral presentations. Course starts 02.02.23.
This course targets UiB employees and PhDs in the hard sciences like biology, math, computer sciences, anatomy etc. PhD candidates, postdoctoral fellows and early career researchers with a contract of employment with UiB.
This course is for participants with approximately Professional Working Proficiency in English or higher. For those not at this level, we recommend that you apply for the course at the intermediate level, which will start after the Easter break.
- The course is digital and will take place via Zoom.
- There are ten (10) participants per course.
- It will run for six consecutive Thursday evenings, two hours each time, from 17 to 19.
- Course dates in February: 2, 9, 16, 23, and in March: 2, 9.
Each participant will be expected to prepare and give a short presentation on their research during the course.
Each participant will also receive one 30-minute individual session with the instructor.
- Apply by registering using the link on the right side and fill in the registration.
- Participants are accepted on a first come, first served basis. In addition, selection will be made based on your mastery of English.
- The registration will close 10 days prior to the course start, or when we reach 20 applicants.
- From January 24th to the start of course, expect to be contacted for the result of your application.
- NB! We expect participants to be able to attend and fully engage in every class.