SC4: Smart, Green and Integrated Transport
"Achieving a European transport system that is resilient, resource-efficient, climate- and environmentally-friendly, safe and seamless for the benefit of all citizens, the economy and society”.
30 Jan 2018 (First Stage), 19 Sep 2018 (Second Stage)
LC-MG-1-1-2018, LC-MG-1-2-2018, LC-MG-1-3-2018, LC-MG-1-4-2018, MG-2-1-2018, MG-2-2-2018, MG-3-1-2018, MG-3-2-2018, MG-3-2-2018, MG-3-3-2018
04 Apr 2018
MG-4-4-2018-2019, LC-MG-1-3-2018, MG-2-3-2018, MG-2-4-2018, MG-2-5-2018, MG-4-1-2018, MG-4-2-2018, MG-4-3-2018, MG-BG-01-2018
16 Jan 2019 (First Stage), 12 Sep 2019 (Second Stage)
LC-MG-1-10-2019, LC-MG-1-5-2019, LC-MG-1-8-2019, LC-MG-1-8-2019, LC-MG-1-9-2019, MG-2-6-2019, MG-2-7-2019, MG-2-8-2019, MG-2-9-2019
24 Apr 2019
LC-MG-1-6-2019, LC-MG-1-7-2019, MG-4-5-2019, MG-BG-02-2019, MG-4-4-2018-2019
LC-GV-03-2019, LC-GV-04-2019, LC-GV-05-2019
LC-GV-03-2019, LC-GV-04-2019, LC-GV-05-2019
Overview of the Work Programme:
1. Call - 2018-2020 Mobility for Growth
Research and innovation activities will support the transition towards zero-emission and quieter mobility across all transport modes. Grounded on a people's perspective, it will lead to improved tools and mechanisms for monitoring and detection of emissions and noise in road vehicles, ships and aircrafts and will provide cities, regional and national authorities and spatial planners with evidence of long term impacts of the current developments in transport technologies and business models on spatial planning to support decision making processes in policy and planning.
- BUILDING A LOW-CARBON, CLIMATE RESILIENT FUTURE: LOW-CARBON AND SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORT
- SAFE, INTEGRATED AND RESILIENT TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
- GLOBAL LEADERSHIP AND COMPETITIVENESS
- ACCOUNTING FOR THE PEOPLE
- BLUE GROWTH
2. Call - 2018-2020 Digitising and Transforming European Industry and Services: Automated Road Transport
By supporting innovative connected and automated driving technologies and mobility solutions, the call will help to create new global market opportunities for European industry and strengthen the position of Europe as a world leader in innovative mobility. Actions under this call are expected to contribute to more road safety as well as to better traffic flow, less congestion, fuel efficiency and reduce carbon emissions. New shared and fully automated mobility services can help decrease the total number of cars on the road, alleviating the overall traffic.
3. Call - Building a low-carbon, climate resilient future: Green Vehicles
The strategic objective of the Green Vehicles Calls for proposals for the years 2018, 2019 and 2020 will be to prepare the ground for this potential massive increase of electrified vehicles and to support European industries to maintain their leading world position in supplying automotive products. The major impact of the research will be to promote the development of a new generation of electric vehicles with a minimum of 400 km range that meets customer expectations, progress and demonstration in urban and regional electric vehicles (light and smart vehicles for passengers, delivery vehicles and buses) and support the production of batteries, components and electrified vehicles in Europe. Wide user acceptance shall be stimulated by accessibility and ease of use of all types of charging infrastructure – public, semi-public and private.
4. Other actions
Prizes, Public Procurement, Provision of technical/scientific services
Transport is also addressed in other cross-cutting focus areas of Horizon 2020: SC3 Energy, esp. Smart Cities and Communities , LEIT/ICT, LEIT/NMBP, LEIT/Space, as well as by the Joint Technology Initiatives Clean Sky 2, SESAR 2, Fuel Cells and Hydrogen 2 and the Shift2Rail JTI.
- 2011 Transport White Paper (Roadmap to a Single Transport Area – Towards a competitive and resource efficient transport system): cutting carbon emissions in transport by 60% by 2050 .
- Strategic Transport Technology Plan (STTP): 10 key technology areas which will enable a coherent approach across all the various transport research and innovation funding sources
European Technology Platforms (ETPs) active in the area of transport:
- Advisory Council for Aviation Research and Innovation in Europe – ACARE
- European Rail Research Advisory Council – ERRAC
- European Road Transport Research Advisory Council – ERTRAC
- Alliance for Logistics Innovation through Collaboration in Europe – ALICE
Page updated by Corina Guder