Dyrelaboratoriet er tilknyttet Institutt for biologisk og medisinsk psykologi i BB-Bygget. I likhet med Dyreavdelingen er laboratoriet AAALAC akkreditert og godkjent for innesluttet bruk av genmodifiserte gnagere.
The laboratory has modern facilities which meet international standards and demands within animal research. This includes hardware and software for a large range of behavioral testing, wireless recording of multiple biopotentials combined with activity and body temperature, neurophysiological measurements like EEG/EMG and extracellular stimulation.
- Objective measures of sleep and waking function (EEG and EMG)
- Objective measures of circadian rhythmicity
- Forced Activity (automated running wheels)
- Open field
- Startle response
- Elevated Plus Maze
- Pavlovian and Instrumental Conditioning
- Biochemical parameters
- Molecular measures of brain function
- Metabolic measures of energy intake and expenditure
SOME PROJECTS FROM THE ANIMAL LABORATORY
Members of BSSG and the general manager of the animal laboratory, Anne Marie Kinn Rød, may be of assistance in design, project planning, data collection, data extraction and data analysis of the methods described.