The 21st Conference on Social and Community Psychology (Online Event)
The 21st Conference on Social and Community Psychology will this year be arranged by the Department of Psychosocial Science at the University of Bergen, Norway. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the conference will be online only, and organized within one day.
We hereby invite researchers and higher level students to attend and present their work at the conference. It is also possible to attend without presenting. When the conference program is finalized, all registered participants will receive the program and links to the online sessions. Participation in the conference is free.
Aims of the Conference
- To promote the opportunity for psychology students to gain experience with presenting scientific papers as well as to get feedback on their work by experienced researchers in social and community psychology
- To give experienced researchers in these fields the possibility of an annual professional and social meeting, and to present their research
- To advance the communication between social and community psychology and other areas of research within psychology and the social sciences, as well as between researchers and practitioners
Call for Papers
The conference will be organized in thematic sessions of oral presentations (15 minutes per presentation) and we welcome submissions of abstracts for empirical as well as theoretical work.
Registration and Abstract submission
Deadline for abstract submission is October 16th 2020. You will be asked to provide 1) the title of the presentation, 2) name and affiliation of authors(s), 3) a short abstract of maximum 300 words, 4) three to five key words, and 5) information about whether the presentation will be given in Norwegian or English.
You can still register for participation: https://skjemaker.app.uib.no/view.php?id=9211898
If you experience any problems with registering and submitting, please send an e-mail to May-Britt Sande (May-Britt.Sande@uib.no) . Please state "Registration and abstract NCSCP 2020" in the subject field.
Possible topics include, but are not restricted to:
- Community Psychology
- Work- and Organizational Psychology
- Health Promotion
- Environmental Psychology
- Discourse Analysis
- Critical Psychology
- Judgement & Decision Making
- Social Perception
- Social Cognition
- Applied Social Psychology
- Conflict Resolution
- Risk Perception and Risk Management
- Safety Psychology
- Mental Health
- Methodological Issues
- Child protection services
The conference languages are Norwegian and English. All abstracts will be included into the book of abstracts, and may be written in Norwegian or English.
Hege Høivik Bye