Funding opportunities for education
Researchers at the Faculty of Medicine can apply for funding to support cooperation in higher education.
If you have any questions about the calls, please contact Evelyn.Holmoy@uib.no.
- Programme for Research and Innovation in the Education Sector (FINNUT): The FINNUT programme works to develop knowledge of high quality and relevance for policy development, the public administration, the field of practice and the individual, and promotes scientific renewal in research and innovation in the educational sector. The FINNUT programme will provide funding to research and innovation activities within the following thematic priority areas:
- A: Learning processes, assessment forms and learning outcomes;
- B: Practice, professional practice and competence-development;
- C: Governance, management, organisation and achievement of results;
- D: Education, society and working life.
Deadline: 13 February 2019 and ongoing.
- NEW: The Eurasia Programme supports project cooperation between institutions in Norway and Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. The overall aim of the programme is to contribute to renewal and internationalisation of higher education in the cooperating countries, as a means to provide a basis for political and economic reforms, stimulate to a sustainable development, increase the level of education in the population and increase respect for human rights.The applicants may seek funding up to NOK 1.5 million for a two-year period. The final deadline for submitting applications is 15 February 2019, at 15:00 Norwegian time.
Scholarship for research stay abroad for PhD candidates and Post Doctors (Link in Norwegian) The offer for a scholarship for research stays abroad applies to PhD candidates and Post Doctors in projects with full or partial funding for the Research Council for a minimum of 24 months. The research stays abroad may last for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months.
Globallink – Scholarships to Canada (Link in Norwegian) Globalink allows for the Norwegian and Canadian master's and PhD students can apply for CAD 15.000 to conduct research practice in a business in the partner country.
Nærings-ph.d. (Industrial PhD) The overall objectives are to increase the recruitment of researchers to Norwegian industry, to boost long-term competence building and increase research efforts in business and industry and to enhance interaction between academia and industry.
Offentlig ph.d. (OFFPHD) The overall objectives are to increase long-term and relevant capacity building and research in the public sector, increase recruitment of researchers to the public sector and promote greater interaction between academia and the public sector.
Funding for companies with employees seeking to pursue a doctoral degree Funding is available for new candidates under the Industrial Ph.D. scheme, with project start-up in 2016. Grant proposals are not confined to particular thematic areas or industries.
Research and Innovation in the Educational Sector (FINNUT) (Link in Norwegian)
FINNUT is a long-term programme for research and innovation in the educational sector. The programme funds research on a wide spectrum from early childhood education and care to higher education and adult learning.
Mobility grants North America in educational research (UTNAM) The aim of the mobility grant is to contribute to increased cooperation between Norwegian and North American educational researchers through supporting visits to Norway for the purpose of research or dissemination for top North American educational researchers. The scheme will also contribute to the dissemination of results of North American research to Norway and furthermore contribute to competence building in Norwegian research communities. Grants will be awarded for visits of shorter or longer duration.