Online learning and education
The University of Bergen offers free online courses and other online education.
UiB is proud to offer Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) in partnership with Futurelearn. Join a UiB MOOC and learn through video lectures, podcasts, online exercises, group discussions, and more. We are committed to providing our high-quality education for free and we don't charge anything for certificates or accredited MOOCs.
- Occupational Health in Developing Countries: Learn how occupational health can reduce illnesses or injuries caused by working conditions. Free.
- Causes of Climate Change: Understand the physical processes behind climate variations in the past, present and future. Free.
- Global Health, Conflict and Violence: Understand the role of medical peace work, and consider the role of healthcare workers in times of conflict and violence. Free.
- Addressing Violence Through Patient Care: Learn about the vital role that health workers play in violence prevention and peace-building in clinical environments. Free.
- Discovering Greek and Roman Cities: In this trilingual MOOC (English, French, German), an international team of experts from six different universities will explore the many facets of Greek and Roman cities.
UiB partnered with Futurelearn in 2014. Futurelearn is jointly owned by the British Open University and The SEEK Group. The Open University have 50 years of experience in distance and online education. FutureLearn partners with hundreds of institutions, organisations, and universities worldwide including the British Museum, the British Library, and the BBC.
Other Online Courses Taught in English
Please note that these online courses are not ‘open’ courses in the same way as our MOOCs. Click on each course to see the admission requirements.
- Natural Resources Management- GEO-SD660: Learn to manage a number of natural resources (water reservoirs, fisheries, animal herds, non-renewables and climate) and operate in product and quota markets.
- Chinese Introductory Course - KIN623: Receive basic training in modern Mandarin writing and speaking skills including pronunciation, vocabulary, and Chinese characters.
- Chinese Language 2 - KIN624: Expand your writing and speaking skills in modern Mandarin including increasing vocabulary, Chinese characters and grammar.