National Scientific Collaborators
Originally a randomized placebo-controlled trial of omega-3 fatty acids combined with immunotherapy in Multiple Sclerosis, now a ten year follow-up on all available patients from the original study. The aim is to identify early prognostic markers for long-term therapy response and prognosis in multiple sclerosis. A total of 85 out of 92 original patients were included. Collaboration with all four health-regions in Norway.
A cooperative effort to uncover links between MS and other illnesses, risk factors for MS, and to look into the distribution of comorbid states. This is a registry-based project. Collaborators are:
- Kjetil Bjørnevik, Harvard University
- Espen Benjaminsen, Nordland Hospital, Bodø
- Elisaabeth G. Celius, Oslo University Hospital
- Margitta T. Kampman, University Hospital of North Norway, Tromsø
- Rune Midgaard, Molde Hospital
- Anita Vatne, Sørlandet Hospital
An epidemiological cooperative project in Western-Norway (from Rogaland to Møre and Romsdal) collecting a cohort of data from patients with MS-debute in the period between 1953 - 2013.
- John Sverre Willumsen, Molde Hospital.
- Rune Midgaard, Molde Hospital.
Single Collaborative Projects
- Validation of MS data from the National Patient Registry, Espen Benjaminsen, University of Tromsø.