Marte Bjørk, MD PhD
Associate professor at the Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, and consultant neurologist at the Department of Neurology, Haukeland University Hospital. Principal investigator for SCAN-AED. Responsible for clinical guidelines for treatment of epilepsy in pregnancy in Norway. She is a fellow of the European Academy of Neurology, and a board member of the Neurological association in Norway.
Areas of interest:
Neurological diseases in pregnancy, epilepsy, headache, multiple sclerosis pharmacoepidemiology, perinatal epidemiology, genetic epidemiology, folic acid.
Full list of publications here.
1. Elisabeth Synnøve Nilsen Husebye, Nils Erik Gilhus, Olav Spigset, Anne Kjersti Daltveit, Marte Helene Bjørk. Language impairment in children aged 5 and 8 years after antiepileptic drug exposure in utero – The Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study. European Journal of Neurology, 2020 Apr;27(4):667-675.
2. Elisabeth S. Husebye, Nils Erik Gilhus, Olav Spigset, Bettina Reiter, Eivind Kolstad, Anne Kjersti Daltveit, Marte Bjørk. Verbal abilities in children aged 1 to 5 years exposed to antiepileptic drugs in utero: association to maternal folic acid status. Neurology, 2018;91(9):e811-e821
3. Marte Bjørk, Bettina Reiter, Olav Spigset, Gyri Veiby, Eivind Kolstad, Anne Kjersti Daltveit, Nils Erik Gilhus. Folic acid supplementation and maternal folate status modulate risk of autistic traits in i children exposed to antiepileptic drugs in utero: a prospective register and biobank study. JAMA Neurol. 2018;75(2):160-168. doi:10.1001/jamaneurol.2017.3897
4. Simone Frizell Reiter, Marte Helene Bjørk, Anne Kjersti Daltveit, Gyri Veiby, Eivind Kolstad, Bernt A. Engelsen, Nils Erik Gilhus. Life satisfaction in women with epilepsy during and after pregnancy. Epilepsy and Behaviour 2016;52:251-257
5. Eivind Kolstad, Gyri Veiby, Nils Erik Gilhus, Morten I. Lossius, Marte Helene Bjørk. Overweight in epilepsy as a risk factor for pregnancy and delivery complications. Epilepsia. 2016 57(11):1849-1857
6. Marte Bjørk, Gyri Veiby, Simone F. Reiter, Jan Ø. Berle, Anne Kjersti Daltveit, Olav Spigset, Bernt A, Engelsen, Nils Erik Gilhus. Depression and anxiety in women with epilepsy during pregnancy and after delivery: a prospective population-based cohort study on frequency, risk factors, medication, and prognosis. Epilepsia. 2015;56(1):28-39.
7. Eivind Kolstad, Nils Erik Gilhus, Gyri Veiby, Simone F. Reiter, Morten I. Lossius, Marte Helene Bjørk. Epilepsy and eating disorders during pregnancy: Prevalence, complications and birth outcome. Seizure. 2015 May;28:81-4
8. Marte Bjørk, Gyri Veiby, Bernt A. Engelsen, Nils Erik Gilhus. Depression and anxiety during pregnancy and the postpartum period in women with epilepsy; a review of frequency, risks and recommendations for treatment. Seizure. 2015;28:33-39.Review.
9. Gyri Veiby, Marte Bjørk, Bernt A. Engelsen, Nils Erik Gilhus. Epilepsy and recommendations for breastfeeding. Seizure. 2015;28:57-65.Review.