Climate Neutral University 2030
Steinar Sundberg of the facility department at UiB will explain how UiB will achieve reducing energy consumption using solar power, seawater batsed heating/cooling , building management systems and development of campus.
Impact on energy consumption and how to achieve our goal in savings
UiB has adopted to be climate neutral by 2030, and one of many tasks related to this goal is to reduce energy consumption in our buildings and facilities by 30% within 2030. The University has already reduced the energy consumption by 20% between 2009 and 2019, and most of the easy low picking solutions is already completed. Currently UiB is consuming approximately 75 Gigawatts of energy, and the needed reduction is 22-24 GWh yearly.
Steinar Sundberg of the facility department at UiB will explain how UiB will achieve the savings using solar power, seawater batsed heating/cooling , building management systems and development of campus.
Steinar Sundberg, the facility department at UiB
Guidelines for our virtual seminars:
- Link to join the webinar here
- "Doors open" at 12:00. From 12:00-12:15 you will be able to present yourself and be introduced to the rest of the participants.
- After 12:15 and whenever you are not speaking please mute your microphone, as this can disturb others.
- If you have a comment or a question please use the chat function (speech bubble on the options panel) to signal you have a question.
- The moderator will introduce you when it is your turn to ask a question. Remember to unmute your microphone!