Matematisk institutt


There has not been added a translated version of this content. You can either try searching or go to the "area" home page to see if you can find the information there

Students from other faculties

To be able to take courses at the Department of Mathematics, you must have a right to study at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. As a student at another faculty at the University of Bergen, you can apply for a faculty transfer or visiting student status.

NB: Note that you must document that you have covered the admission requirements that apply for admission to the study programme at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences before you get assigned a visiting student status.

NB: If you want to take a course at the Department of Mathematics in parallel with studies in your own faculty, you should apply for visiting student status, but if you want to switch to one of our programmes, then it seems that you must apply through NUCAS (Samordna opptak). Send an email to studieveileder@mnfa.uib.no for questions about visiting student status.