Guidelines for oral/poster presentation
Instructions for oral presentations
- Abstract presenters have 10 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for the discussion.
- Acceptable formats for presentations are PowerPoint (.ppt) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
- Submission of your presentation prior to the conference is strongly recommended. Presentations are to be saved in correct format and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 2nd of May 2016.
- Presentations can also be pre-loaded onto session computers between 8:00-9:00 am (before sessions start) on the presentation day.
- Oral session room will be equipped with a pc, and projector, a screen and microphone. The PCs used for the presentations are running Windows 7. Presenters are required to bring presentation in PowerPoint (16:9) (Microsoft Office PowerPoint version 97-2003, 2007 and 2010) on a USB stick. It is also recommended that you bring a pdf-version as backup if possible.
- It is recommended that presenters check their presentations format during uploading onto session computers. The chairperson of the session will inform and guide you and ensure your presentation is working correctly.
- Please note that there are often formatting inconsistencies between Mac and PC versions of Microsoft Office. Mac users who wish to use their personal laptop are recommended to arrive at the session room before the session starts and bring MiniDisplayPort to DVI to connect their MAC to the projector.
- With the exception of Mac users, presenters will not be permitted to use their personal laptop or notebook computers.
Instructions for poster presentations
- Maximum height of the poster: 120 cm. Maximum width of the poster: 90 cm. The board will be used vertically
- Material for mounting will be available in the poster area.
- The mounting time is on Wednesday, 11 May 2016 before 12 pm. Posters can be removed on Friday, 13 May 2016 after 12 pm.
- There will be two poster sessions on Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th from 15:00 to 16:00. Presenters are expected to be available at their poster during the poster session for questions and discussion.
- Include the abstract number in the top right corner of your poster
- Presentation title, author(s) and all affiliations should be included on the poster
- It is very important that text and illustrations should be large enough to be read from a distance of 10-15 feet
- Presenters are also asked to bring A4 copies of their poster to allow delegates to retain a copy.