Step 1: Nomination
Students must be nominated by their home institution before they can apply for an exchange period at the University of Bergen (UIB). We do not admit Free movers.
Contact your home institution coordinator to find out if you are elegible for exchange at UIB. Do not register an application before been nominated.
|15 March - 15 April||Autumn semester or full academic year|
|1 September - 1 October||Spring semester|
How to apply
Students who are nominated will be sent two separate emails from UiB:
- Password and link to access Søknadsweb (UiB's online application portal).
- Information on how to complete the application process and deadline.
Follow the instructions on how to log in and apply.
Please note that only new students must be nominated. Exchange students that want to extend their study period at the University of Bergen, must submit an application for extension following the instructions given here.
Did not receive the UIB emails?
Password and link to access Søknadsweb will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check with your home institution that you have been nominated.
- Check which email address was used in connection with your nomination (student or private email).
If you have not received the emails from email@example.com:
- Order a new password at Søknadsweb. A reply will be sent immediately.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to check if your email address is correctly registered.
The email email@example.com should be whitelisted in order to be able to get the password.