Professor, leder Forskningssenter for søvn, arbeid og helse (Fosah) og forskningsgruppeleder for Bergen søvn og Kronobiologi nettverk (BeSCN)
- Telefon+47 55 58 32 19
- BesøksadresseChristiesgate 125015 BergenRom5 etg, rom 505
- PostadressePostboks 78075020 Bergen
Søvn og prestasjon
Arbeids- og organisasjonspsykologi (psyk110)
Nyare teoretiske, metodiske og empiriske bidrag i arbeids- og organisasjonspsykologi (psyk210)
Organisasjon og leiarutvikling (mapsyk321)
Operativ psykologi (psyk117)
- (2022). The impact of follower leadership position on transformational leadership as moderator of the association between work-related ambiguity and job satisfaction. Frontiers in Psychology. 11 sider.
- (2022). The association between shift work disorder and turnover intention among nurses. BMC Nursing. 8 sider.
- (2022). Sleep and work functioning in nurses undertaking inpatient shifts in a blue-depleted light environment. BMC Nursing. 1-10.
- (2022). Sleep and Sleepiness Measured by Diaries and Actigraphy among Norwegian and Austrian Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) Pilots. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
- (2022). Performance in youth track and field is associated with birth quartile. A register-based study among athletes in Norway from 10 years to senior level. PLOS ONE. 12 sider.
- (2022). Health-promoting work schedules: protocol for a large-scale cluster randomised controlled trial on the effects of a work schedule without quick returns on sickness absence among healthcare workers. BMJ Open. 1-10.
- (2022). Healing the wounds of workplace bullying: Evaluating mental health and workplace participation among victims seeking treatment for common mental disorders. Work : A journal of Prevention, Assesment and rehabilitation. 1379-1391.
- (2022). Crisis leadership in COVID-19: A qualitative study of Norwegian business leaders. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2022). Changes in the Work Schedule of Nurses Related to the COVID-19 Pandemic and Its Relationship with Sleep and Turnover Intention. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 12 sider.
- (2022). Bright light exposure during simulated night work improves cognitive flexibility. Chronobiology International. 948-963.
- (2021). Stability and Change of the Personality Traits Languidity and Flexibility in a Sample of Nurses: A 7–8 Years Follow-Up Study. Frontiers in Psychology. 9 sider.
- (2021). Sleep patterns among Norwegian nurses between the first and second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. BMC Nursing. 7 sider.
- (2021). Prevalence of shift work disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2021). Exposure to bullying behaviours, resilience, and return to work self-efficacy in patients with common mental disorders. Industrial Health. 180-192.
- (2021). Changes in work schedule affect the prevalence of shift work disorder among Norwegian nurses–a two year follow-up study. Chronobiology International. 924-932.
- (2021). Associations between exposure to workplace bullying and insomnia. A cross-lagged prospective study of causal directions. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 1003-1011.
- (2020). Subjective and objective sleep among air ambulance personnel. Chronobiology International. 129-139.
- (2020). Role of nocturnal light intensity on adaptation to three consecutive night shifts: a counterbalanced crossover study. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 249-255.
- (2020). Clinical characteristics of patients seeking treatment for common mental disorders presenting with workplace bullying experiences. . Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2020). Blue-enriched white light improves performance but not subjective alertness and circadian adaptation during three consecutive simulated night shifts. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-16.
- (2020). Alerting and Circadian Effects of Short-Wavelength vs. Long-Wavelength Narrow-Bandwidth Light during a Simulated Night Shift. Clocks & Sleep. 502-522.
- (2020). Accumulated long-term exposure to workplace bullying impairs psychological hardiness: A five-year longitudinal study among nurses. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 1-12.
- (2019). Working hour characteristics and schedules among nurses in three Nordic countries – a comparative study using payroll data. BMC Nursing. 1-10.
- (2019). Sleepiness among personnel in the Norwegian Air Ambulance Service. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 1121-1130.
- (2019). Short rest between shifts (quick returns) and night work is associated with work-related accidents. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 829-835.
- (2019). Causes and management of sleepiness among pilots in a Norwegian and an Austrian air ambulance service—a comparative study. Air Medical Journal. 25-29.
- (2018). Workplace inclusion of employees with back pain and mental health problems: A focus group study about employees' experiences . Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 8 sider.
- (2018). Variability in staff perceptions of patient safety culture in Norwegian nursing homes — a longitudinal cross-sectional study. Safety in health. 10 sider.
- (2018). The role of hardiness in the bullying-mental health relationship. Occupational Medicine. 64-66.
- (2018). Protocol for a systematic review and meta-analysis of research on the associations between workplace bullying and sleep. Systematic Reviews. 1-7.
- (2018). Predictors of return to work in patients on sick leave with chronic musculoskeletal pain. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. 193-199.
- (2018). Long working hours are inversely related to sick leave in the following 3 months: a 4-year registry study. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 10 sider.
- (2018). God under press. En operasjonalisering av moralsk robusthet i krevende operative Situasjoner. Necesse. 72-82.
- (2017). The effects of sleep deprivation on soccer skills. Perceptual and Motor Skills. 812-829.
- (2017). Sleep detriments associated with quick returns in rotating shift work: a diary study. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 522-527.
- (2017). Healthcare staff perceptions of patient safety culture in nursing home settings - a cross-sectional study. Open Journal of Nursing. 1069-1085.
- (2017). Cardiorespiratory fitness is associated with selective attention and inhibitory control in healthy male high-school students. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. 1-8.
- (2017). Brief intervention, physical exercise and cognitive behavioural group therapy for patients with chronic low back pain (The CINS trial). European Journal of Pain. 1397-1407.
- (2017). A comparative study of sleep and mood between young elite athletes and age-matched controls. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 465-473.
- (2016). Short rest between shift intervals increases the risk of sick leave: a prospective registry study. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 496-501.
- (2016). Return to work in patients with chronic musculoskeletal pain: multidisciplinary intervention versus brief intervention: a randomized clinical trial. Journal of occupational rehabilitation. 82-91.
- (2016). Reduction in sick leave by a workplace educational low back pain intervention: A cluster randomized controlled trial. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 571-579.
- (2016). Multidisciplinary intervention in patients with musculoskeletal pain: a randomized clinical trial. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 1-11.
- (2016). Cortisol, Health, and Coping in Patients with Nonspecific Low Back Pain. Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback. 9-16.
- (2016). Cognitive Interventions and Nutritional Supplements (The CINS Trial): A Randomized Controlled, Multicenter Trial Comparing a Brief Intervention with Additional Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Seal Oil, and Soy Oil for Sick-Listed Low Back Pain Patients. Spine. 1557-1564.
- (2015). Restricted use of electronic media, sleep, performance, and mood in high school athletes - a randomized trial. Sleep Health. 314-321.
- (2015). Odor-related chronic somatic symptoms are associated with self-reported asthma and hay fever; the Hordaland Health Study. Iranian Journal of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. 19-27.
- (2015). Noise exposure and cognitive performance: A study on personnel on board Royal Norwegian Navy vessels. Noise & Health. 320-327.
- (2015). Impact of mindfulness training on physiological measures of stress and objective measures of attention control in a military helicopter unit. The International Journal of Aviation Psychology. 191-208.
- (2015). Diurnal cortisol rhythm: Associated with anxiety and depression, or just an indication of lack of energy? Psychiatry Research. 209-215.
- (2014). The role of stress in absenteeism: Cortisol responsiveness among patients on long-term sick leave. PLOS ONE. 9 sider.
- (2014). How can a brief intervention contribute to coping with back pain? A focus group study about participants' experiences. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 821-826.
- (2013). Subjective health complaints and self-rated health: are expectancies more important than socioeconomic status and workload? International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 411-420.
- (2012). Subjective and objective sleepiness among oil rig workers during three different shift schedules. Sleep Medicine. 64-72.
- (2011). Saliva cortisol levels in construction workers in the Arctic (78°N). International Journal of Circumpolar Health. 542-551.
- (2011). Adaptation and readaptation to different shift work schedules measured with sleep diary and actigraphy. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology. 331-344.
- (2010). Diurnal rhythm in British Antarctic personnel. Rural and remote health.
- (2010). Cortisol, reaction time test and health among offshore shift workers. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 1339-1347.
- (2009). Subjective health complaints, stress, and coping in orchestra musicians. Medical Problems of Performing Artists. 58-62.
- (2008). The most successful method in teaching nursing students infection control - E-learning or lecture? Nurse Education Today. 798-806.
- (2008). Nursing students' learning of managing cross-infections - Scenario-based simulation training versus study groups. Nurse Education Today. 664-671.
- (2007). Coffee, stress and cortisol in nursing staff. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 322-330.
- (2015). Co-ordination of research on working hours and health in the Nordic countries. .
- (2022). Forskning på kort hviletid (quick return).
- (2022). Arbeidstid hos sykepleiere.
- (2022). Reversal learning and working memory scanning task performance improve with bright light exposure during simulated night work: a counterbalanced crossover study.
- (2019). The moderating effect of resilience factors on exposure to bullying behaviours and return to work self-efficacy in patients with common mental disorders.
- (2019). Effects of Different Light Intensities on Adaptation to Simulated Night Shifts: A Randomized Counterbalanced Crossover Study.
- (2018). The moderating effect of resilience factors on exposure to bullying behaviours and return to work self-efficacy in patients with common mental disorders.
- (2014). Patient safety culture in nursing homes - the role of leadership.
- (2020). A longitudinal study on the association between quick returns and occupational accidents. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. 645-649.
- (2020). Kveldsskift følgd av eit dagskift: Kva konsekvensar har "quick return"-vakter for søvn, helse og sikkerheit? Tidsskriftet SØVN. 27-31.
- (2022). Treating the aftermath of exposure to workplace bullying and preventing exclusion from working life: The effect of individual resilience, return to work self-efficacy and work-focused metacognitive and cognitive treatment.
- (2017). Shift work. The importance of sufficient time for rest between shifts.
- (2016). Staying at Work. The role of expectancies and beliefs in health and workplace interventions.
- (2011). Adaptation and health in extreme and isolated environments – from 78ºN to 75ºS.
- (2019). Handballstjerna håpar ny mensenforsking kan gi svar på kva som gjekk gale.
- (2019). Mestring av stress. 12 sider.
- (2012). Stress og mestring i et helsefremmende perspektiv. 14 sider.
- (2012). Socioeconomic status, demographic and salivary cortisol. 26 sider.
- (2012). Biological Markers and Salivary Cortisol. 29 sider.
- (2012). Diurnal cortisol rhythm: Associated with anxiety and depression, or just an indication of lack of energy? Journal of Psychosomatic Research. 484-484.
- (2010). THE ROLE OF SALIVA CORTISOL MEASUREMENTS IN HEALTH AND DISEASE - A MATTER OF THEORY AND METHODOLOGY. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 206-206.
- (2010). SHIFT WORK, CORTISOL, REACTION TIME TEST AND HEALTH AMONG OFFSHORE WORKERS. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 88-88.
- (2022). Shift work, sleep and turnover intention during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- (2022). Shift work, sleep and turnover intention during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- (2020). The association between shift work disorder and turnover intention among nurses.
- (2018). Effects of bright light on sleepiness and cognitive performance during simulated night shift work.
- (2016). Improving patient safety culture in Norwegian nursing homes: Validating the NHSOPSC instrument.
- (2012). Cortisol, Subjective Health Complaints and Coping in Patients with Unspecific Low Back Pain.
- (2012). Chronic odor-released somatic symptoms; the cross-sectional Hordaland Health Study.
- (2008). CINS - CBT and seal oil for long-term low back pain patients.
- (2023). The prevalence of orthorexia in exercising populations: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Eating Disorders.
- (2022). Protocol for a systematic review and meta-analysis on the associations between shift work and sickness absence. Systematic Reviews. 9 sider.
- (2020). Workplace bullying and sleep - A systematic review and meta-analysis of the research literature. Sleep Medicine Reviews. 12 sider.
- (2016). Systematic review of the relationship between quick returns in rotating shift work and health-related outcomes. Ergonomics. 1-14.
- (2016). Psychometric properties of the Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture in Norwegian nursing homes. BMC Health Services Research. 11 sider.
- (2015). Sleep, circadian rhythms, and athletic performance. Sleep Medicine Reviews. 1-9.
- (2017). Kortisol reaktivitet – assosiert med angst og depresjon, eller bare en indikator for pasientens energinivå? Best practice psykiatri /nevrologi.
- (2021). Psykososiale faktorer i arbeidet. 16-47. I:
- (2021). Det gode arbeidsmiljø. Krav og utfordringer. 3.utgave. Fagbokforlaget.
- (2019). Emosjoner, stress og mestring. 137-169. I:
- (2019). Operativ psykologi 2. Fagbokforlaget.
- (2018). Emosjoner, stres og mestring. 137-169. I:
- (2018). Operativ psykologi- 3.utgave. Fagbokforlaget.
- (2017). Stress, mestring og helse i arbeidslivet. 147-173. I:
- (2017). Organisasjon og ledelse. Gyldendal Akademisk.
- (2016). Stress, mestring og helsefremmende tiltak i organisasjoner. 301-3122. I:
- (2016). Den dyktige medarbeider. Behov og forventninger. 2.utgave. Fagbokforlaget.
Forskningssenter for søvn, arbeid og helse
Forskningssenter for søvn, arbeid og helse skal bidra til ny og anvendt kunnskap om hvordan søvn påvirker helse og prestasjon i arbeidslivet.