After my A-level education with special classes in arts and music in the 90s, I studied Applied Media Sciences at the Ilmenau University of Technology in Germany. This study combined multiple disciplines such as engineering, economy and social sciences. I was introduced to higher mathematics, informatics, telematics and media technology as well as taught the basics of business administration, macroeconomics and civil law. Part of this educational approach were also social-science-disciplines such politics, sociology, media and communication studies and journalism.
Later on, and out of personal interest, I studied art history, pedagogy as well as German literature and grammar. The scope of different disciplines which I had the pleasure to study, inspired my interest in philosophical and sociological questions as well as in critical theory.
My education and broad range of interests has enabled me to look at societal issues from a broader analytical perspective and to detect visible and invisible links within and between their different complex aspects.
It is the hybrid perspective on technology, economy and social sciences, but also my personal interest in philosophy, arts, technology and human history that drive my academic work.
Critically thinking and the perspective of arts are something I do value highly. I also engage in public debates about digitalization and related societal and environmental risks as well as diverging culture-political perspectives because I consider related issues as some of the most profound and urgent challenges that society has to tackle in the years to come.
I also promote a technological development with a humanistic perspective, that puts the human and not technology at its center.
- (2021). Mobile Journalists as Tracable Data Objects: Surveillance Capitalism and Responsible Innovation in Mobile Journalism. Media and Communication.
- (2021). Adopting a mojo mindset: Training newspaper reporters in mobile journalism. Journalism - Theory, Practice & Criticism.
- (2020). “We in the Mojo Community” – Exploring a Global Network of Mobile Journalists . Journalism Practice.
- (2021). Overvåkingskapitalisme i praksis. Eksempler på kommersiell overvåking i hverdagslivet, datahandel økosystem og implikasjoner .
- (2021). Digitalteknologi som risikoteknologi. Personvern og digitalisering i skolen.
- (2020). Overvåkingskapitalismen som demokrati-utfordring .
- (2020). Overvåkingskapitalismen som demokrati-utfordring.
- (2018). Practice and engagement of the "MoJo community" – dissemination of knowledge and enthusiasm for mobile technologies in journalistic practices.
- (2017). Journalism in Transformation. From Mobile to Virtual and Hyper Realities.
- (2016). Mobile Drives Visual: Smart Mobile Technology in Journalism Practice”.
- (2020). Paneldiskusjon "Demokratisk digitalisering - en nordisk modell" kommentarer og innspill til Hilde Nagell`s bok "Digital revolusjon -hvordan ta makten og friheten tilbake?".
- (2020). Zuboff`s theory of surveillance capitalism.
- (2020). Pioneer journalism - Zooming in on new agents and intermediaries in journalism innovation .
- (2018). Practice of the «MoJo community».
- (2018). New journalistic practices based on mobile technologies.
- (2018). Challenges and suggestions for a responsible design of the “AI narrator”.
- (2017). Smart Mobile Technology in Journalism Practice.
- (2017). Shared Responsibility for Manufactured Uncertainty? A critical reflection on the RRI-approach in the light of Ulrich Beck`s social theory of risks .
- (2017). Mapping the MoJo-sphere: Actors, Places, Technologies and Discussions.
- (2019). OBS, Facebook! – Her tar «en menneskelig komponent» ordet. Morgenbladet.
- (2019). Hvem høster Norges nye oljerikdom? Morgenbladet.
- (2019). Akilleshælen til det nasjonale digitaliseringseksperimentet. Morgenbladet.
- (2020). Podcast for Vox Publica med Anders Johansen om Overvåkingskapitalismen som demokrati-utfordring .
- (2020). Overvåkingskapitalismen som demokrati-utfordring, Intervju av Anders Johansen for Vox Publica.
- (2020). Digitale skoleløsninger uten nasjonale retningslinjer.
- (2020). Derfor vil NRK at du skal logg inn.
- (2018). Smartphone-Reporting – nicht nur Segen.
- (2020). Krever dataplan. Klassekampen.
- (2020). Hun tar kampen mot Goliath. Klassekampen.