Mechanisms for regulation of pain sensation. Research on mechanisms in the spinal cord dorsal horn. Emphasis on stimulus-induced potentiation of nociceptive responses in dorsal horn neurones.
Mainly neurophysiology and neuroanatomy, but also general organ physiology. Students of medicine, dentistry and human biology. Special interest in educational leadership. Concerned with teaching methods that activate and stimulate students for learning.
Web page with teaching resources: http://folk.uib.no/mfyat/ressurs/
- 2017. Nevrobiologi. 33-46. I:
- 2017. Smertepsykologi. Universitetsforlaget.
- 2016. Stimulation-induced expression of immediate early gene proteins in the dorsal horn is increased in neuropathy. Scandinavian Journal of Pain. 43-51.
- 2016. Spinal sensitization and expression of immediate early genes. Prolonged opioid treatment and neuropathic nociception.
- 2016. Grunnleggende smertefysiologi. 328-340. I:
- 2016. Palliasjon. Nordisk lærebok. 3. utgave. Gyldendal Akademisk.
- 2015. Time course of immediate early gene protein expression in the spinal cord following conditioning stimulation of the sciatic nerve in rats. PLOS ONE.
- 2015. Chronic morphine treatment enhances sciatic nerve stimulation-induced immediate early gene expression in the rat dorsal horn. Acta Neurobiologiae Experimentalis. 305-313.
- 2013. Specific thalamic nuclei function as novel ‘nociceptive discriminators’ in the endogenous control of nociception in rats. Neuroscience. 53-63.
- 2010. Endogenous descending modulation: spatiotemporal effect of dynamic imbalance between descending facilitation and inhibition of nociception. Journal of Physiology. 4177-4188.