Fjernmåling av isbreer
Object Based Image Analysis (OBIA)
Structure from Motion (SfM)
- (2023). Glacier thinning, recession and advance, and the associated evolution of a glacial lake between 1966 and 2021 at Austerdalsbreen, western Norway. Land Degradation and Development. 21 sider.
- (2023). An integrated deep learning and object-based image analysis approach for mapping debris-covered glaciers. Frontiers in Remote Sensing.
- (2022). The seasonal evolution of subglacial drainage pathways beneath a soft-bedded glacier. Communications Earth & Environment.
- (2022). Recent Evolution of Glaciers in the Manaslu Region of Nepal From Satellite Imagery and UAV Data (1970–2019). Frontiers in Earth Science.
- (2022). Monitoring glacial lake outburst flood susceptibility using Sentinel-1 SAR data, Google Earth Engine, and persistent scatterer interferometry. Remote Sensing of Environment.
- (2022). Estimating the volume of the 1978 Rissa quick clay landslide in Central Norway using historical aerial imagery. Open Geosciences. 252-263.
- (2021). Mass balance and surface evolution of the debris-covered Miage Glacier, 1990 - 2018 . Geomorphology.
- (2021). Combination of Aerial, Satellite, and UAV Photogrammetry for Quantifying Rock Glacier Kinematics in the Dry Andes of Chile (30°S) Since the 1950s. Frontiers in Remote Sensing.
- (2021). A pan-Himalayan test of predictions on plant species richness based on primary production and water-energy dynamics. Frontiers of Biogeography. 18 sider.
- (2020). Long‐term impact of the proglacial lake Jökulsárlón on the flow velocity and stability of Breiðamerkurjökull glacier, Iceland. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. 1-17.
- (2020). Automated detection of rock glaciers using deep learning and object-based image analysis. Remote Sensing of Environment.
- (2019). Surface melt driven summer diurnal and winter multi-day stick-slip motion and till sedimentology. Nature Communications.
- (2018). Spatial variability in patterns of glacier change across the Manaslu Range, Central Himalaya. Frontiers in Earth Science. 19 sider.
- (2018). Occurrence, evolution and ice content of ice‐debris complexes in the Ak‐Shiirak, Central Tien Shan revealed by geophysical and remotely‐sensed investigations. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. 1-15.
- (2018). Erosional and depositional subglacial streamlining processes at Skálafellsjökull, Iceland: an analogue for a new bedform continuum model. GFF. 153-169.
- (2016). Decadal scale changes in Glacier area in the Hohe Tauern national park (Austria) determined by object-based image analysis. Remote Sensing. 23 sider.
- (2015). Automated classification of debris-covered glaciers combining optical, SAR and topographic data in an object-based environment . Remote Sensing of Environment. 372-387.
- (2014). Combining Spectral, Topographic And Sar Coherence Data Within An Object Based Classification Environment For The Automatic Classification Of Debris Covered Ice.
- (2023). Present changes of Jostedalsbreen, Norway-s largest ice cap.
- (2022). Changes of Jostedalsbreen Ice Cap LIA 1966-2020.
- (2018). Vulnerability of permafrost thaw and the emerging risks for the Arctic infrastructure.
- (2016). Quantification and Change Assessment of Debris-Covered Glaciers using Remote Sensing.
- (2023). Summer school on cryospheric monitoring and paleoenvironmental reconstructions.
Select Conference presentations
Robson, B. A., Nuth, C., Dahl, S. O., Hendrickx, M., & Nielsen, P. R. (2015). Glacier Surface Lowering and Stagnation in the Manaslu Region of Nepal. AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, USA
Robson, B.A., Pulwicki, A., Stearns, L., Hölbling, D., Koller M., Nielsen, P.R (2016) A Fully Automated, Multi-sensor Assessment of Terminus Position and Iceberg Density of Helheim Outlet Glacier. GSA Annual Meeting 2016, Denver, CO, USA.
Koller, M., Hölbling, D., Robson. B (2016). Quantifying and visualizing flood erosional processes using multi-temporal LIDAR data. GSA Annual Meeting 2016, Denver, CO, USA.
Robson, B. A., Nuth, C., Dahl, S. O., Hölbling, D., Strozzi, T., & Nielsen, P. R. (2015). Automated classification of debris-covered glaciers combining optical, SAR and topographic data in an object-based environment. Remote Sensing of Environment, 170, 372-387.
Robson, B.A.; Hölbling, D.; Nuth, C.; Strozzi, T.; Dahl, S.O. (2016) Decadal scale changes in glacier area in the Hohe Tauern National Park, Austria determined by Object-Based Image Analysis. Remote Sensing. doi:10.3390/rs8010067
Robson, B. A.; Hölbling, D.; Vatle, S.; Nuth, C.; Andreassen, L.; Dahl, S.O. Towards automatic glacier mapping: A new glacier inventory of Norway using OBIA. (in progress)
Robson, B., Nuth, C., Girod, L., Andreassen, L. M. & Dahl, S. O. 2016. Use of a GoPro camera and acrobatic plane for high resolution glacier mapping of Nigardsbreen using Structure from Motion (SfM). 2nd Virtual Geoscience Conference, Bergen, Norway (21-23rd September 2016)
Hölbling, D., Koller, M., Albrecht, F., Robson, B. A., Eisank, C., & Weinke, E. (2016) Object-based time series analysis for landslide change detection using optical remote sensing imagery: Examples from Austria and Norway. 2nd Virtual Geoscience Conference, Bergen, Norway (21-23rd September 2016)
University of Wales, Aberystwyth (2007-2010) Geography, BSc
Universitetet i Bergen (2010-2012) Earth Science, MSc
Universitetet i Bergen (2012-2016) Physical Geography, PhD