My research interests look at the relationship between modern clastic depositional environments and the preserved sedimentary record. How analogous are modern systems to ancient systems and what can the modern say about the governing processes and controls that have laid down sediment in the past?
In particular, I am interested in quantifying on a global scale, the processes and controls influencing sedimentation within modern sedimentary basins, which have preservation potential and are thereby analgous to preserved sedimentary environments. To understand the temporal, spatial, biological, chemical and anthropogenic influence on modern depositional environments in order to improve our application of modern analogs to build models of ancient depositional systems.
- Global classification of modern source to sink systems
- Anthropogenic influence on source to sink systems
- Sedimentation rates of the Troll field
- Global quantiative mapping of modern depositional environments
- Global classification of modern sedimentary basins
- (2021). Assessing first-order BQART estimates for ancient source-to- sink mass budget calculations. Basin Research. 2435-2452.
- (2021). A global ecological classification of coastal segment units: To complement marine biodiversity observation network assessments. Oceanography. 120-129.
- (2018). NetworkGT: A GIS tool for geometric and topological analysis of two-dimensional fracture networks. Geosphere. 1618-1634.
- (2018). A new 30 meter resolution global shoreline vector and associated global islands database for the development of standardized ecological coastal units. Journal of operational oceanography. Publisher: The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science & Technology. 1-12.
- (2022). SEDucate plugin for sedimentology course curriculums .
- (2022). Geoscience Education and Technology - Effects of the Lockdown.
- (2021). Geoscience Education and Technology - Results of the Lockdown.
- (2021). Coastal Changes 21st Century: A geologist’s perspective.
- (2018). Technology and Teaching Methods in Geoscience Education - Results from a Worldwide Survey.
- (2021). Earth's coastlines. 24 sider.
- (2018). The distribution of rivers to terrestrial sinks: Implications for sediment routing systems. Geomorphology. 1-23.