- 2020. Locating labor and class in contemporary capitalism: historical comparison and spatial analogies in the Chinese politics of place. Dialectical Anthropology.
- 2019. Why Do Grandparents Grumble? Chinese Children’s Birthdays between Kinship, Market, and State. Ethnos. 1-23.
- 2018. Rumours as Moral Action: Contesting the local state through housing in China. Critique of Anthropology. 188-203.
- 2019. Claiming Homes: confronting domicide in rural China.
- 2020. Green Infrastructure as Financialized Utopia: Carbon Offset Forests in China.