- Medfødte misdannelser gir økt risiko for kreft, Aftenposten (2020). https://www.aftenposten.no/viten/i/OQyyLk/medfoedte-misdannelser-gir-oekt-risiko-for-kreft
- Medfødte misdannelser og barnekreft - kjønnsforskjeller | Fagområde for epidemiologi og medisinsk statistikk | UiB
- Svangerskap og risiko for kreft i skjoldbruskkjertelen hos mor | Fagområde for epidemiologi og medisinsk statistikk | UiB
- Birth Defects Tied to Higher Cancer Risk, The New York Times (2020). https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/07/well/live/birth-defects-cancer.html
- Studie: Medfødte misdannelser gir økt risiko for kreft, Dagens Medisin (2020). https://www.dagensmedisin.no/artikler/2020/12/22/undersokte-kreftrisiko-hos-personer-med-medfodte-misdannelser/
- Medfødte misdannelser gir høyere risiko for å få kreft, også som voksne, UiB (2020) https://www.uib.no/med/140939/medf%C3%B8dte-misdannelser-gir-h%C3%B8yere-risiko-%C3%A5-f%C3%A5-kreft-ogs%C3%A5-som-voksne og Forskning.no (2020) https://forskning.no/forebyggende-helse-kreft-partner/medfodte-misdannelser-gir-hoyere-risiko-for-a-fa-kreft-ogsa-som-voksne/1779145
- Medfødte misdannelser øker risikoen for kreft også i voksen alder, FHI (2020). https://www.fhi.no/nyheter/2020/medfodte-misdannelser-oker-fisikoen-for-kreft-ogsa-i-voksen-alder/
Underviser i emner innen epidemiologi og statistikk.
- (2022). Sex differences in childhood cancer risk among children with major birth defects: a Nordic population-based nested case-control study. International Journal of Epidemiology. 1-16.
- (2022). Occupational Benzene Exposure in the Norwegian Offshore Petroleum Industry, 2002-2018. Annals of Work Exposures and Health. 895-906.
- (2022). Maternal health, pregnancy, and offspring factors and maternal thyroid cancer risk: a Nordic population-based nested case-control study. American Journal of Epidemiology. 1-14.
- (2020). Maternal health, in-utero, and perinatal exposures and risk of thyroid cancer in offspring: a Nordic population-based nested case-control study. The Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology. 94-105.
- (2020). Cancer risk in individuals with major birth defects: large Nordic population based case-control study among children, adolescents, and adults. The BMJ. 14 sider.
- (2019). The effect of a multicomponent intervention on quality of Life in residents of nursing homes: A randomized controlled trial (COSMOS). Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 330-339.
- (2019). Quality of Life and Pain Medication Use in Persons With Advanced Dementia Living in Long-Term Care Facilities. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 1432-1437.
- (2018). Tolerability of buprenorphine transdermal system in nursing home patients with advanced dementia: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial (DEP.PAIN.DEM). Clinical Interventions in Aging. 935-946.
- (2018). Efficacy and Safety of Analgesic Treatment for Depression in People with Advanced Dementia: Randomised, Multicentre, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial (DEP.PAIN.DEM). Drugs & Aging. 545-558.
- (2018). Authors’ Reply to Stefani: “Efficacy and Safety of Analgesic Treatment for Depression in People with Advanced Dementia: Randomised, Multicentre, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial (DEP.PAIN.DEM)”. Drugs & Aging. 1121-1122.
- (2017). Associations between pain and depression in nursing home patients at different stages of dementia. Journal of Affective Disorders. 8-14.
- (2020). Medfødte misdannelser gir økt risiko for kreft. Aftenposten Viten. 24-25.
- (2021). Exposure to endocrine-disrupting chemicals in utero and thyroid cancer risk in offspring – Authors’ reply. The Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology. 255-256.
Cancer risk in families with children with birth defects (PhD project)
In this project, we take advantage of large population-based registries in four Nordic countries to explore the relationship between birth defects and cancer risk in more detail, and more extensively, than previously done. Whether birth defect(s) is associated with cancer risk in the affected individual and their families is important for the understanding of the etiology of specific cancers and could possibly allow for identification of individuals at elevated risk who would benefit from more regular follow-up or subsequent clinical intervention.
Development of job-exposure-models for risk assessment of benzene exposure (2017- )
The primary objective is to develop task- and job-exposure models to estimate benzene exposure by inhalation among the five job categories assumed to have the highest exposure at oil and gas processing installations.
Perinatal characteristics and thyroid cancer risk in mothers and offspring: a Nordic registry linkage study (2018-2022)
A Nordic birth and cancer registry linkage study to prospectively evaluate the associations of pregnancy complications and other perinatal characteristics with subsequent risk of thyroid cancer in women (subproject 1) and their offspring (subproject 2). We hypothesize that benign thyroid disorders during pregnancy, particularly hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) and perinatal characteristics related to or a consequence of underactive thyroid (e.g., preterm birth, gestational hypertension/preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, placental abruption) and/or altered sex steroid hormones during pregnancy (e.g., extreme birth weight, preterm birth, twin pregnancy, low birth order, hyperemesis, gestational hypertension/preeclampsia, pre-pregnancy and pregnancy weight and weight gain (10)) are associated with increased risk of thyroid cancer in both mothers and their offspring.