Primary health care
Inequalities in health
Access to health care services
- 2021. Use of health care services among Syrian refugees migrating to Norway: a prospective longitudinal study. BMC Health Services Research. 1-11.
- 2021. Chronic pain and mental health problems among Syrian refugees: associations, predictors and use of medication over time: a prospective cohort study. BMJ Open.
- 2020. The effect of physiotherapy group intervention in reducing pain disorders and mental health symptoms among syrian refugees: A randomized controlled trial. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). 15 sider.
- 2020. Health status and use of medication and their association with migration related exposures among Syrian refugees in Lebanon and Norway: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health. 1-9.
- 2020. Changes in self-rated health and quality of life among Syrian refugees migrating to Norway: a prospective longitudinal study . International Journal for Equity in Health. 1-9.
- 2020. Changes in health among Syrian refugees along their migration trajectories from Lebanon to Norway: a prospective cohort study. Public Health. 240-245.
- 2019. Two interventions to treat pain disorders and post-traumatic symptoms among Syrian refugees: protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-9.
- 2017. Global Health Inequality: Comparing Inequality-Adjusted Life Expectancy over Time. Public Health Ethics. 188-211.
- 2014. Disease control priorities for neglected tropical diseases: lessons from priority ranking based on the quality of evidence, cost effectiveness, severity of disease, catastrophic health expenditures, and loss of productivity. Developing World Bioethics. 132-141.
- 2010. Jeg tør ikke føde igjen! Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 174-175.
- 2020. Er kroniske smerter relatert til opplevelse av sammenheng blant syriske flyktninger? .
- 2020. Søvn hos syriske flyktninger under flukt og etter bosetting i Norge: en kohortstudie.
- 2020. Forandringer i røykevaner og bruk av alkohol under migrasjon – en kohortstudie blant syriske flyktninger i Libanon og i Norge.
- 2020. Effect of group treatment on physical inactivity among Syrian refugees with pain disorders and/or post-traumatic symptoms. A randomised controlled trial.
- 2020. Access to healthcare and self-rated health among refugees in transit in Lebanon and after arrival in Norway.
- 2018. Stillesitting blant syriske flyktninger i to ulike faser i migrasjonsprosessen.
- 2018. Sosial støtte i en presset livssituasjon – en undersøkelse blant voksne syriske flyktninger i Libanon og Norge.
- 2019. Self Rated Health among Syrian refugees in Lebanon and Norway – a cross sectional study. European Journal of Public Health.
- 2019. Chronic pain and migration-related factors among Syrian refugees: a cross-sectional study. European Journal of Public Health.
- 2018. Reported pain and use of painkillers among Syrian refugees at various stages in the migration process . European Journal of Public Health.
- 2018. Access to healthcare and unmet health needs among Syrian asylum seekers in transit and at arrival in Norway. European Journal of Public Health.
- 2020. Non-communicable diseases and use of medication among Syrian refugees: a prospective cohort study .
Changes in health among Syrian asylum seekers and refugees in different migration phases (PhD project, supervisors Esperanza Diaz, Bernadette Kumar, Lars Thore Fadnes)
- PhD Candidate, University of Bergen (Norway), 2017 -
- Qualification program for general practitioners (Norway), 2012 -
- Cand.med. University of Bergen (Norway), 2004 - 2011
- Intern, The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) (Jordan), 2010
- Development studies, Univeristy College of Oslo (Norway), 2004 - 2006