Indoor air pollution
Undervisning i blant annet klinisk konsultasjon, ØNH i allmennpraksis, svangerskapskontroll i allmennpraksis, klinisk møte med pasienter fra andre kulturer, narrativ medisin, og uheldige hendelser, som en del av stilling ved UiB.
Foredragsholder ved flere kurs for medisinstudenter, sykepleierstudenter og leger i Spania og Norge siden 1999
- 2012. The Praeger Handbook of Environmental Health. 480 sider. ISBN: 978-0-313-38600-8.
- 2019. The definition of immigrant status matters: Impact of nationality, country of origin, and length of stay in host country on mortality estimates. BMC Public Health. 19. doi: 10.1186/s12889-019-6555-1
- 2019. Strategies to improve research capacity across European general practice: The views of members of EGPRN and Wonca Europe. European Journal of General Practice. 25: 25-31. doi: 10.1080/13814788.2018.1546282
- 2019. A community-based intervention to increase participation in cervical cancer screening among immigrants in Norway. BMC Medical Research Methodology. 19:147: 1-8. doi: 10.1186/s12874-019-0795-8
- 2019. Sense of community belonging among immigrants: perspective of immigrant service providers. Public Health. 167: 28-33. doi: 10.1016/j.puhe.2018.10.017
- 2018. Development of an intervention for the prevention of type 2 diabetes addressing the specific needs of South Asian-origin population living in the Netherlands: a pilot study. European Journal of Public Health. 28. doi: 10.1093/eurpub/cky048.201
- 2018. Health care curricula in multicultural societies. International Journal of Medical Education. 9: 42-44. doi: 10.5116/ijme.5a7e.bd17
- 2018. Use of hormonal contraceptives among immigrant women and their daughters in Norway: Data from the Norwegian Prescription Database. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. 1-8. doi: 10.1111/aogs.13469
- 2018. Access to healthcare and unmet health needs among Syrian asylum seekers in transit and at arrival in Norway. European Journal of Public Health. 28. doi: 10.1093/eurpub/cky047.170
- 2018. Evidence on interventions that improve mental health of child refugees and child asylum seekers in Europe: a rapid systematic review. European Journal of Public Health. 28. doi: 10.1093/eurpub/cky047.256
- 2018. Migrants access to healthcare services within the European Union: a content analysis of policy documents in Ireland, Portugal and Spain. Globalization and Health. 14. 11 sider. doi: 10.1186/s12992-018-0373-6
- 2018. Health care-seeking patterns for female genital mutilation/cutting among young Somalis in Norway. BMC Public Health. 18. 10 sider. doi: 10.1186/s12889-018-5440-7
- 2018. “I simply haven’t given it a thought before!” - health care providers’ experiences regarding cervical cancer screening among immigrant women in Norway- a qualitative study. European Journal of Public Health. 28. doi: 10. 1093/eurpub/cky047.207
- 2018. Cervical cancer screening among immigrant women in Norway- The healthcare providers’ perspectives. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. 36: 415-422. doi: 10.1080/02813432.2018.1523986
- 2018. A qualitative intervention approach to increase the participation of Pakistani and Somali women in cervical cancer screening program in Norway. European Journal of Public Health. 28. doi: 10.1093/eurpub/cky047.106
- 2018. Experiences with a national strategy on migrant health in Norway. European Journal of Public Health. 28. doi: 10.1093/eurpub/cky048.071
- 2018. Reported pain and use of painkillers among Syrian refugees at various stages in the migration process. European Journal of Public Health. 28. doi: 10.1093/eurpub/cky047.139
- 2018. An observational study of immigrant mortality differences in Norway by reason for migration, length of stay and characteristics of sending countries. BMC Public Health. 18. 12 sider. doi: 10.1186/s12889-018-5435-4
- 2018. Developing culturally adapted lifestyle interventions for South Asian migrant populations: a qualitative study of the key success factors and main challenges. Public Health. 161: 50-58. doi: 10.1016/j.puhe.2018.04.008
- 2017. Differences in primary health care use among sub-Saharan African immigrants in Norway: A register-based study. BMC Health Services Research. 17:509: 1-8. doi: 10.1186/s12913-017-2404-z
- 2017. Interventions to improve immigrant health. A scoping review. European Journal of Public Health. 27: 433-439. doi: 10.1093/eurpub/ckx001
- 2017. Primary healthcare usage and use of medications among immigrant children according to age of arrival to Norway: A population-based study. BMJ Open. 7: 1-9. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2016-014641
- 2017. Barriers and facilitators to cervical cancer screening among Pakistani and somali immigrant women in Oslo: A qualitative study. International Journal of Women's Health. 9: 487-496. doi: 10.2147/IJWH.S139160
- 2017. Multimorbidity and immigrant status: associations with area of origin and length of residence in host country. Family Practice. 34: 662-666. doi: 10.1093/fampra/cmx048
- 2017. General practitioners' strategies in consultations with immigrants in Norway - practice-based shared reflections among participants in focus groups. Family Practice. 35: 216-221. doi: 10.1093/fampra/cmx097
- 2017. Migration and social determinants of mental health: Results from the Canadian health measures survey. Canadian journal of public health. 108: e362-e367. doi: 10.17269/cjph.108.6105
- 2016. Non-adherence to antihypertensive medication: The role of mental and physical comorbidity. International Journal of Cardiology. 207: 310-316. doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2016.01.069
- 2016. Shifting migrant health care away from an agenda of conflicts and problems towards solutions. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care.
- 2016. Primary health care utilisation and morbidity among immigrant children compared to non-immigrant children: a population-based study in Norway. BMJ Open. 6:e0122101: 1-8. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2016-012101
- 2016. Global healthcare use by immigrants in Spain according to morbidity burden, area of origin, and length of stay. BMC Public Health. 16:450. doi: 10.1186/s12889-016-3127-5
- 2016. Patterns of pharmaceutical use for immigrants to Spain and Norway: A comparative study of prescription databases in two European countries. International Journal for Equity in Health. 15:32: 1-11. doi: 10.1186/s12939-016-0317-9
- 2016. Møtet med den papirløse pasient –en etisk analyse. Utposten. 7.
- 2016. Differences in cervical cancer screening between immigrants and nonimmigrants in Norway: a primary healthcare register-based study. European Journal of Cancer Prevention. 26: 521-527. doi: 10.1097/CEJ.0000000000000311
- 2016. Hva vet vi om innvandreres bruk av primærhelsetjenesten for psykiske plager? Utposten. 4. 28-30.
- 2016. Mental Health of Refugees and Non-refugees from War-Conflict Countries: Data from Primary Healthcare Services and the Norwegian Prescription Database. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. doi: 10.1007/s10903-016-0450-y
- 2016. Socioeconomic status and primary health service use for mental health problems among immigrants with short and long lengths of stay. International Journal of Migration, Health and Social Care. 12: 85-98. doi: 10.1108/IJMHSC-01-2015-0001
- 2015. How do immigrants use primary health care services? A register-based study in Norway. European Journal of Public Health. 25: 72-78. doi: 10.1093/eurpub/cku123
- 2015. Immigrant patients with dementia and memory impairment in primary health care in Norway: A national registry study. Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders. 39: 321-331. doi: 10.1159/000375526
- 2015. Multimorbidity among registered immigrants in Norway: the role of reason for migration and length of stay. Tropical medicine & international health. 20: 1805-1814. doi: 10.1111/tmi.12615
- 2015. Multimorbidity and its patterns according to immigrant origin. A nationwide register-based study in Norway. PLoS ONE. 10:e0145233. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0145233
- 2015. Nei, innvandring fører ikke til en eksplosjon i helsekostnader | Elstad, Kumar, Diaz og Lien. Aftenposten (morgenutg. : trykt utg.). Publisert 2015-11-20.
- 2015. Innvandring fører ikke til en eksplosjon i helsekostnader. Aftenposten (morgenutg. : trykt utg.). Del 2, s.3. Publisert 2015-11-21.
- 2015. The healthy migrant effect in primary care. Gaceta Sanitaria. 29: 15-20. doi: 10.1016/j.gaceta.2014.07.007
- 2015. Lung Function in Rural Guatemalan Women Before and After a Chimney Stove Intervention to Reduce Wood Smoke Exposure: Results From the Randomized Exposure Study of Pollution Indoors and Respiratory Effects and Chronic Respiratory Effects of Early Childhood Exposure to Respirable Particulate Matter Study. Chest. 148: 1184-1192. doi: 10.1378/chest.15-0261
- 2015. Managing mental health problems among immigrant women attending primary health care services. Health Care for Women International. 37: 118-139. doi: 10.1080/07399332.2015.1077844
- 2014. Frequent attenders in general practice and immigrant status in Norway: a nationwide cross-sectional study. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. 32: 232-240. doi: 10.3109/02813432.2014.982368
- 2014. Differential utilization of primary health care services among older immigrants and Norwegians: a register-based comparative study in Norway. BMC Health Services Research. doi: 10.1186/s12913-014-0623-0
- 2014. Immigrant and native regular general practitioners in Norway. A comparative registry-based observational study. European Journal of General Practice. 20: 93-99. doi: 10.3109/13814788.2013.823600
- 2014. How adolescent subjective health and satisfaction with weight and body shape are related to participation in sports. Journal of Environmental and Public health. doi: 10.1155/2014/851932
- 2014. Use of hormonal contraceptives among immigrant and native women in Norway: data from the Norwegian Prescription Database. BJOG: an International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 121: 1221-1228. doi: 10.1111/1471-0528.12906
- 2014. Associations of Respiratory Symptoms and Lung Function with Measured Carbon Monoxide Concentrations among Nonsmoking Women Exposed to Household Air Pollution: The RESPIRE Trial, Guatemala. Environmental Health Perspectives. doi: 10.1289/ehp.1408200
- 2014. Immigrants' use of primary health care services for mental health problems. BMC Health Services Research. 14. 8 sider. doi: 10.1186/1472-6963-14-341
- 2012. And so it is Xtmas. Utposten. 8.
- 2012. I gang etter 40 år. Utposten. 1.
- 2012. Konsultasjoner med fremmedspråkelige. Refleksjoner over en pasient. Utposten. 6.
- 2012. Norges unge legers representant i Europa. Robert Burman intervjuet av Esperanza Díaz. Utposten. 4.
- 2012. Fastlegepasienters bruk av legevakt. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 20. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.12.0090
- 2012. Hvilke fastleger deltar i legevakt? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 20: 2277-2280. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.12.0198
- 2012. Clinical practice patterns among native and immigrant doctors doing out-of-hours work in Norway: a registry-based observational study. BMJ Open. 2. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2012-001153
- 2012. Immigrants' use of emergency primary health care in Norway: a registry-based observational study. BMC Health Services Research. 12. 10 sider. doi: 10.1186/1472-6963-12-308
- 2011. Ser medico de familia en Noruega (Being a General Practitioner in Norway). AMF (Actualizacion en Medicina de Familia). 7: 231-233.
- 2011. Immigrant general practitioners in Norway: A special resource? A qualitative study. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 39: 239-244. doi: 10.1177/1403494810395818
- 2010. Overdramatisert pandemi. Brev til redaktøren. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 130: 590.
- 2009. Effect of Personal Exposure to Indoor Air Pollution from Solid Fuel on Lung Symptoms and Function in Women: An Exposure-Response Analysis from the Guatemala Woodstove Randomised Control Trial. Epidemiology. 20: S206-S206.
- 2009. Ny fastlegeordning. Aftenposten (morgenutg. : trykt utg.). Publisert 2009-01-16.
- 2009. Effect of reducing indoor air pollution on women’s respiratory symptoms and lung function: The RESPIRE Randomized Trial, Guatemala. American Journal of Epidemiology. 170: 211-220. doi: 10.1093/aje/kwp100
- 2008. Self-rated health among Mayan women participating in a randomised intervention trial reducing indoor air pollution in Guatemala. BMC International Health and Human Rights. 8. doi: 10.1186/1472-698X-8-7
- 2007. Does reduced indoor air pollution exposure have similar impact on upper and lower respiratory symptoms? Epidemiology. 18: S114-S115.
- 2007. Lung function and symptoms among indigenous Mayan women exposed to high levels of indoor air pollution. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 11: 1372-1379.
- 2007. Eye discomfort, headache and back pain among Mayan Guatemalan women taking part in a randomised stove intervention trial. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. 61: 74-79. doi: 10.1136/jech.2006.043133
- 2004. Reducing indoor air pollution with a randomised intervention design � A presentation of the Stove Intervention Study in the Guatemalan Highlands. Norsk Epidemiologi. 14: 137-143.
- 2008. Impact of reducing indoor air pollution on women's health.RESPIRE Guatemala- Randomised exposure study of pollution indoors and respiratory health. Allkopi, Bergen. 197 sider.
- 2017. Diagnosis and Management of Migrants and Ethnic Minorities With Dementia. Chapter 5, sider 49-62. I:
- 2017. Dementia, Ethnic Minorities and Migrants - A Review of the Literature. Norwegian Centre for Migration and Minority Health (NAKMI, Oslo. 123 sider.
- 2017. Epidemiology of Dementia in Migrant- and Ethnic-Minority Populations. Chapter 4, sider 29-48. I:
- 2016. Språk og kultur på legevakten. 5.5. I:
- 2016. Legevaktarbeid - En innføringsbok for leger og sykepleiere. Gyldendal Norsk Forlag A/S. 387 sider. ISBN: 978-82-05-48460-3.
Publications last five years:
* Diaz E, Kumar BN. Differential utilization of Primary Health Care services among older immigrants and Norwegians. A register-based comparative study in Norway. BMC Health Services Research 2014
* Diaz E, Gimeno-Feliu L-A, Calderón-Larrañaga A, Prado-Torres A. Frequent attenders in general practice and immigrant status in Norway: A nationwide cross-sectional study. Scan J Prim Health Care 2014
* D Pope, E Diaz, T Smith-Sivertsen, RT Lie, P Bakke, J Balmes, K Smith, N Bruce. Associations of Respiratory Symptoms and Lung Function with Measured Carbon Monoxide Concentrations among Nonsmoking Women Exposed to Household Air Pollution: The RESPIRE Trial, Guatemala. Environmental Health perspectives 2014
*M Straiton, A Renflot, E Diaz. Immigrants’ use of primary health care services for mental health problems. BMC Health Services Research 2014
*Luis Andres Gimeno-Feliu, Amaia Calderón-Larrañaga, Esperanza Diaz,
Beatriz Poblador-Plou, Rosa Macipe-Costa, Alexandra Prados-Torres.The healthy migration effect in primary care. Gaceta Sanitaria 2014
*Diaz E, Calderón-Larrañaga A, Prado-Torres A, Poblador-Pou B, Gimeno-Feliu L-A. How do immigrants use primary healthcare services? A register-based study in Norway. European Journal Public Health 2014
*Dyremyrhr, Diaz, Meland. How adolescent subjective health and satisfaction with weight and body shape are related to participation in sports. Journal of Environmental and Public Health 2014:4. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/851932
*Omland, G; Ruths, S; Diaz, E. Use of hormonal contraceptives among immigrant and native women in Norway: Data from the Norwegian Prescription Database. BJOG. 2014
*Diaz, E; Raza, A; Sandvik, H; Hjorleifsson, S. Immigrant and native regular general practitioners in Norway. A comparative registry-based observational study. European Journal of General Practice 2013.
*Sandvik, H; Hunskaar S; Diaz, E. Immigrants’ use of emergency primary health care in Norway: aregistry-based observational study. BMC Health Services Research 2012;12:308. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6963/12/308
*Sandvik, H; Hunskaar S; Diaz, E.Clinical practice patterns among native and immigrant doctors doing out-of-hours work in Norway: a registry-based observational study. BMJ Open 2012;2:e001153 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2012-001153
*Sandvik, H; Hunskaar S; Diaz, E. Hvilke fastleger deltar i legevakt? (Which General Practitioners work out-of-hours?) Journal of the Norwegian Medical Association 2012;20:2277-2280.
*Sandvik, H; Hunskaar S; Diaz, E. Fastlegepasienters bruk av legevakt (Use of Emergency Room according to the Patients’ General Practitioner) Journal of the Norwegian Medical Association 2012;20:2272-2276.
*Diaz, E. Ser médico de familia en Noruega. (Being a General Practitioner in Norway). AMF 2011;7(4):231-233.
*Diaz, E; Hjørleifsson, S. Immigrant general practitioners in Norway: A special resource? A qualitative study. Scand J Public Health 2011;31(3):239-244.
1989-1995: Den medisinske fakultet, Universidad Autónoma i Madrid
1996-1999: Spesialitet i allmennmedisin i Spania.
2003 og 2008: Spesialist i allmennmedisin i Norge.
2008: Philosophiae doctor (PhD) ved Universitetet i Bergen
Changing health and health care needs along the Syrian refugees’ trajectories to Norway: Relationships between somatic and mental health and their implication for treatment.
A community-based health intervention trial to increase attendance to the cervical cancer-screening program among immigrants in Norway.