- BesøksadresseHaukeland Universitetssykehus Laboratoriebygget, 7. etg. Heis øst
- PostadressePostboks 78045020 Bergen
Responsible for nephrology teaching at UiB. Potential supervisor for Marie S. Curie fellows:
Link to Master Class UiB page https://www.uib.no/boa/112242/bergen-msca-if-master-class-201718
- 2020. The changing landscape of Fabry disease. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. 569-576.
- 2020. Intrauterine growth restriction, preterm birth and risk of end-stage renal disease during the first 50 years of life. Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation. 1157-1163.
- 2020. Intrauterine growth restriction and risk of diverse forms of kidney disease during the first 50 years of life. American Society of Nephrology. Clinical Journal. 1413-1423.
- 2020. Circulating inflammation-related factors are correlated with systemic redox status in IgA nephropathy; a case-control study. Free Radical Biology & Medicine. 10-18.
- 2019. Transcriptome-proteome integration of archival human renal cell carcinoma biopsies enables identification of molecular mechanisms. American Journal of Physiology - Renal Physiology (AJP).
- 2019. Characterization of glomerular extracellular matrix in IgA nephropathy by proteomic analysis of laser-captured microdissected glomeruli. BMC Nephrology. 1-12.
- 2019. Challenges and opportunities for nephrology in Western Europe. Kidney International. 1037-1040.
- 2019. AXL targeting reduces fibrosis development in experimental unilateral ureteral obstruction. Physiological Reports. 1-20.
- 2018. Systemic redox biomarkers and their relationship to prognostic risk markers in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease and IgA nephropathy. Clinical Biochemistry. 33-40.
- 2018. Low birth weight associates with glomerular area in young male IgA nephropathy patients. BMC Nephrology. 1-10.
- 2018. In vivo detection of chronic kidney disease using tissue deformation fields from dynamic MR imaging. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. 1779-1790.
- 2018. High rates of central obesity and sarcopenia in CKD irrespective of renal replacement therapy - An observational cross-sectional study. BMC Nephrology. 1-9.
- 2018. Fine needle aspirates of kidneys: A promising tool for RNA sequencing in native and transplanted kidneys. BMC Nephrology. 1-9.
- 2018. Expanding the utilization of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded archives: Feasibility of miR-Seq for disease exploration and biomarker development from biopsies with clear cell renal cell Carcinoma. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 1-18.
- 2017. Renal carcinoma/kidney progenitor cell chimera organoid as a novel tumorigenesis gene discovery model. Disease Models and Mechanisms. 1503-1515.
- 2017. Renal Carcinoma/Kidney Progenitor Cell Chimera Organoid as a Novel Tumourigenesis Gene Discovery Model. Disease Models and Mechanisms. 1930-1942.
- 2017. Pathomechanisms of renal Fabry disease. Cell and Tissue Research. 53-62.
- 2017. Glomerular abundance of complement proteins characterized by proteomic analysis of laser-captured microdissected glomeruli associates with progressive disease in IgA nephropathy. Clinical Proteomics.
- 2017. Disease progression modeling to evaluate the effects of enzyme replacement therapy on kidney function in adult patients with the Classic phenotype of Fabry disease. Kidney and Blood Pressure Research. 1-15.
- 2017. Clear cell renal cell carcinoma is linked to epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and to fibrosis. Physiological Reports. 1-18.
- 2016. Transcriptome sequencing (RNAseq) enables utilization of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded biopsies with clear cell renal cell carcinoma for exploration of disease biology and biomarker development. PLOS ONE.
- 2016. Renal fibrosis mRNA classifier: Validation in experimental lithium-induced interstitial fibrosis in the rat kidney. PLOS ONE.
- 2016. RNA extraction for RNA sequencing of archival renal tissues. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. 426-434.
- 2016. Proteomic Analysis of Minimally Damaged Renal Tubular Tissue from Two-Kidney-One-Clip Hypertensive Rats Demonstrates Extensive Changes Compared to Tissue from Controls. Nephron. 70-80.
- 2016. Next generation sequencing: A tool for this generation of nephrologists. European Medical Journal: Nephrology. 50-57.
- 2016. Low birth weight and risk of progression to end stage renal disease in IgA nephropathy - A retrospective registry-based cohort study. PLOS ONE.
- 2016. Exploring frailty and mild cognitive impairment in kidney transplantation to predict biomedical, psychosocial and health cost outcomes (GERAS): protocol of a nationwide prospective cohort study. Journal of Advanced Nursing.
- 2016. End stage renal disease predicts increased risk of death in first degree relatives in the Norwegian population. PLOS ONE.
- 2016. Development and confirmation of potential gene classifiers of human clear cell renal cell carcinoma using next-generation RNA sequencing. Scandinavian Journal of Urology. 452-462.
- 2015. PTX3 Polymorphisms and Invasive Mold Infections after Solid Organ Transplantation. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 619-622.
- 2015. Distinct protein signature of hypertension-induced damage in the renal proteome of two-kidney-one-clip (2K1C) rat model. Journal of Hypertension. 126-135.
- 2015. CRTC2 polymorphism as a risk factor for the incidence of metabolic syndrome in patients with solid organ transplantation. Pharmacogenomics (London).
- 2015. Bedeutung und management der Rezidive von Glomerulonephritiden im Nierentransplantat (Significance and management of recurrent glomerulonephritis in kidney transplantation). Therapeutische Umschau. 199-206.
- 2014. Metzincins and related genes in experimental renal aging: towards a unifying fibrosis classifier across species. Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation. 1177-1185.
- 2014. Correlation of serum and urinary matrix metalloproteases/tissue inhibitors of metalloproteases with subclinical allograft fibrosis in renal transplantation. Transplant Immunology. 1-6.
- 2019. Fabry Nephropathy: First mRNA-seq Findings from Kidney Biopsies Before and After Enzyme Replacement Therapy.
- 2018. Primary Membranous Nephropathy: Glomerular RNA Sequencing from Archival Kidney Biopsies.
- 2020. The case: Kidney injury in a patient receiving nivolumab. Kidney International. 1359-1360.
- 2018. Klarcellet nyrekarsinom er knyttet til epitelial-til- mesenkymal overgang (EMT) og til fibrose. Best Practice Norge. Onkologi/hemtologi.
Brev til redaktøren
- 2015. Renal failure due to excessive intake of almonds in the absence of Oxalobacter Formigenes. American Journal of Medicine. e29-e30.
- 2015. Renal Failure due to Excessive Intake of Almonds in the Absence of Oxalobacter formigenes. American Journal of Medicine.
- 2019. New methods clear the dust off old biopsies. RNA sequencing of FFPE kidney biopsies.
- 2019. Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in clear cell renal cell cancer and renal fibrosis.
- 2020. Systems Analyses of Renal Fabry Transcriptome and Response to Enzyme Replacement Therapy (ERT) Identifies a Cross-Validated and Druggable ERT-Resistant Module.
- 2018. Fine needle aspirates of kidneys are usable for RNA sequencing like regular core biopsies.
- 2018. Fabry nephropathy: Transcriptome sequencing of microdissected renal compartments from archival kidney biopsies at baseline, and after 5 & 10 years of enzyme replacement therapy.
- 2018. Expanding the utilization of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded archives: Feasability of miRNA-sequencing for disease exploration and biomarker development from biopsies with clear cell renal cell carcinoma.
- 2016. Development and Confirmation of Gene Classifiers of Human Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma Using Next-Generation Sequencing [Abstract].
- 2016. Detection and Validation of Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition(EMT) with Increased Expression of Axl and MMP-14 in Renal Cell Carcinoma.
- 2018. Correction to: High rates of central obesity and sarcopenia in CKD irrespective of renal replacement therapy - An observational cross-sectional study. BMC Nephrology.
- 2020. Proteomics for the study of new biomarkers in Fabry disease: State of the art. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 86-93.
- 2020. Fibrosis and Cancer: Shared Features and Mechanisms suggest common Targeted Therapeutic Approaches. Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation. 1-9.
- 2016. Nephropathology: A cornerstone for understanding and estimation of recent advances in glomerular diseases. BANTAO Journal. 60-63.
Please see PubMed and CV
Novel biomarkers and therapeutic targets in Fabry nephropathy and in membranous nephropathy
Therapy of experimental renal fibrosis with Axl receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors
Prognostic markers and therapy of human and experimental clear cell renal cell carcinoma