- 2016. Political capital of ruling parties after regime change: contrasting successful insurgencies to peaceful pro-democracy movements. Civil Wars. 18: 175-191. doi: 10.1080/13698249.2016.1205563
- 2015. Carpe per Diem: The uses and abuses of travel compensation in developing countries. Forum for Development Studies. 42: 387-414. doi: 10.1080/08039410.2015.1081980
- 2016. The urban poor as citizens and clients. Enacting political agency through political parties and social movements in Kenya and Zambia. Universitetet i Bergen.
- 2012. Hunting for Per Diem: The Uses and Abuses of Travel Compensation in Three Developing Countries. NORAD, Oslo. 150 sider.
- 2014. When per diems take over: training and travel as extra pay. kap 16, sider 196-206. I:
- 2014. Corruption, grabbing and development : real world challenges. Edward Elgar Publishing. 216 sider. ISBN: 978-1-78254-440-1.