- Telefon+47 55 58 85 54+47 454 36 843
- BesøksadresseJussbygg II, Jekteviksbakken 31
- PostadressePostboks 78045020 Bergen
HIV-epidemiologi og -forebygging
Reproduktiv helse i lavinntektsland
Helsekonsekvenser av krig og voldelig konflikt
Data-analyse i Stata og SPSS
Sosiale ulikheter i helse
- 2018. Complications associated with adolescent childbearing in Sub-Saharan Africa: A systematic literature review and metaanalysis. PLoS ONE. 13: 1-21. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0204327
- 2018. Felles læringsutbyttebeskrivelser for samfunnsmedisinsk undervisning for medisinstudenter. Michael quarterly : publication series of the Norwegian Medical Society. 15: 323-327.
- 2018. Community based interventions for strengthening adolescent sexual reproductive health and rights: how can they be integrated and sustained? A realist evaluation protocol from Zambia. Reproductive Health. 15. doi: 10.1186/s12978-018-0590-8
- 2017. “Now that you are circumcised, you cannot have first sex with your wife”: post circumcision sexual behaviours and beliefs among men in Wakiso district, Uganda. Journal of the International AIDS Society. 20. doi: 10.7448/IAS.20.1.21498
- 2017. Exploring drivers for safe male circumcision: Experiences with health education and understanding of partial HIV protection among newly circumcised men in Wakiso, Uganda. PLoS ONE. 12. 16 sider. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0175228
- 2017. Cost-benefit and extended cost-effectiveness analysis of a comprehensive adolescent pregnancy prevention program in Zambia: study protocol for a cluster randomized controlled trial. Trials. 18:604: 1-10. doi: 10.1186/s13063-017-2350-4
- 2016. Lifetime risk of pregnancy-related death among Zambian women: district-level estimates from the 2010 census. Journal of Population Research. 33: 263-281. doi: 10.1007/s12546-016-9172-1
- 2016. Sex differences in HIV prevalence persist over time: Evidence from 18 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa. PLoS ONE. 11:e0148502. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0148502
- 2016. A comparison of sexual risk behaviours and HIV seroprevalence among circumcised and uncircumcised men before and after implementation of the safe male circumcision programme in Uganda Global health. BMC Public Health. 16:7. doi: 10.1186/s12889-015-2668-3
- 2016. Effectiveness of a girls’ empowerment programme on early childbearing, marriage and school dropout among adolescent girls in rural Zambia: study protocol for a cluster randomized trial. Trials. 17. 15 sider. doi: 10.1186/s13063-016-1682-9
- 2016. En redning for jentene. Klassekampen. Publisert 2016-04-19.
- 2016. Barneekteskap – hvor finnes løsningene? På Høyden ( UiBs nettavis). Publisert 2016-04-19.
- 2015. Rural-urban differentials in pregnancy-related mortality in Zambia: Estimates using data collected in a census. Population Health Metrics. 13:32. doi: 10.1186/s12963-015-0066-9
- 2015. Impact of Pregnancy-Related Deaths on Female Life Expectancy in Zambia: Application of Life Table Techniques to Census Data. PLoS ONE. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0141689
- 2015. Sexual risk behaviours and willingness to be circumcised among uncircumcised adult men in Uganda. PLoS ONE. 10:e0144843: 1-11. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0144843
- 2014. Trends in and socio-demographic factors associated with caesarean section at a Tanzanian referral hospital, 2000 to 2013. International Journal for Equity in Health. 13:87. doi: 10.1186/s12939-014-0087-1
- 2014. Correlates of peer violence among 13-15 year olds in Gampaha district schools in Sri-Lanka: Findings from a comparison between violent and non-violent adolescents. Sage Open. 4: 1-14. doi: 10.1177/2158244014550616
- 2014. Prevalence of peer violence among 13-15 year old adolescents in Sri Lankan Schools. Journal of the College of Community Physicians of Sri Lanka. 20: 37-48. doi: http://doi.org/10.4038/jccpsl.v20i1.8069
- 2014. Development of the Sri Lankan early teenagers' violence inventory: An instrument to measure peer violence in schools. BioMed Research International. 2014:563143. 11 sider. doi: 10.1155/2014/563143
- 2013. Measuring maternal mortality in a census: results of the Zambia 2010 Census of Population and Housing. Tropical medicine & international health. 18: 184-185.
- 2013. Strong effects of home-based voluntary HIV counselling and testing on acceptance and equity: A cluster randomised trial in Zambia. Social Science and Medicine. 86: 9-16. doi: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2013.02.036
- 2013. Effects of home-based Voluntary Counselling and Testing on HIV-related stigma: Findings from a cluster-randomized trial in Zambia. Social Science and Medicine. 81: 18-25. doi: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2013.01.011
- 2013. The seven Cs of the high acceptability of home-based VCT: Results from a mixed methods approach in Zambia. Social Science and Medicine. 97: 210-219. doi: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2013.07.033
- 2013. Decline in sexual risk behaviours among young people in Zambia (2000-2009): Do neighbourhood contextual effects play a role? PLoS ONE. 8. 15 sider. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0064881
- 2012. Decline in HIV Prevalence among Young Women in Zambia: National-Level Estimates of Trends Mask Geographical and Socio-Demographic Differences. PLoS ONE. 7. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0033652
- 2012. Factors affecting voluntary HIV counselling and testing among men in Ethiopia: a cross-sectional survey. BMC Public Health. 12:438. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-12-438
- 2012. Etiological pattern of genital ulcers in Lusaka, Zambia: Has chancroid been eliminated? Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 39: 787-791. doi: 10.1097/OLQ.0b013e31826ae97d
- 2012. Declining syphilis trends in concurrence with HIV declines among pregnant women in Zambia: observations over fourteen years of national surveillance. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 39: 173-181. doi: 10.1097/OLQ.0b013e31823b23a4
- 2012. Risk factors, healthcare-seeking and sexual behaviour among patients with genital ulcers in Zambia. BMC Public Health. 12. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-12-407
- 2012. Condom availability in high risk places and condom use: a study at district level in Kenya, Tanzania and Zambia. BMC Public Health. 12. 1030. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-12-1030
- 2012. Targeting condom distribution at high risk places increases condom utilization. Evidence from an intervention study in Livingstone, Zambia. BMC Public Health. 12. 12 sider. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-12-10
- 2011. Lokal kompetanse naudsynt for å førebyggje hiv. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 131: 1910-1912.
- 2011. Reduction in HIV-related stigma: findings from a cluster-randomized trial in Zambia. Tropical medicine & international health. 16: 158-159.
- 2011. Home-based voluntary HIV counseling and testing yields very high uptake compared to clinic-based: results from a cluster-randomized trial in Zambia. Tropical medicine & international health. 16: 158-158.
- 2011. Convincing HIV prevalence declines in Zambia among young people (15-24 years): analysis and review of different data sources. Tropical medicine & international health. 16: 272-273.
- 2011. Syphilis trends in Zambia: a 14-year observation. Tropical medicine & international health. 16: 63-63.
- 2009. Accountable priority setting for trust in health systems - the need for research into a new approach for strengthening sustainable health action in developing countries. Health Research Policy and Systems. 7: 2-11. doi: 10.1186/1478-4505-7-23
- 2009. Effects of neighbourhood-level educational attainment on HIV prevalence among young women in Zambia. BMC Public Health. 9. 11 sider. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-9-310
- 2008. Antenatal clinic HIV data found to underestimate actual prevalence declines: evidence from Zambia. Tropical medicine & international health. 13: 171-179. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2007.01987.x
- 2008. Lost opportunities in HIV prevention: programmes miss places where exposures are highest. BMC Public Health. 8. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-8-31
- 2007. Associations between sexual behaviour change among young people and decline in HIV prevalence in Zambia. BMC Public Health. 7. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-7-60
- 2006. Steep HIV prevalence declines among young people in selected Zambian communities: population-based observations (1995–2003). BMC Public Health. 6. 12 sider. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-6-279
- 2006. Marked HIV prevalence declines in higher educated young people: evidence from population-based surveys (1995-2003) in Zambia. AIDS (London). 20: 1031-1038.
- 2006. Antenatal clinic-based HIV prevalence in Zambia: Declining trends but sharp local contrasts in young women. Tropical medicine & international health. 11: 917-928. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2006.01629
- 2008. Investigating trends in HIV transmission and risk factors in Zambia. 219 sider.
- 2013. Managing the Informed Consent Process. Kap 16, sider 329-344. I:
- 2013. Epidemiology: Principles and Practical Guidelines. Elsevier. 621 sider. ISBN: 978-94-007-5988-6.
- 2013. The Recruitment, Sampling, and Enrollment Plan. Kap 9, sider 171-196. I:
- 2013. Epidemiology: Principles and Practical Guidelines. Springer. 621 sider. ISBN: 978-94-007-5989-3.
- 2011. Global helse: ulikhet, urettferdighet og sosiale helsedeterminanter. Kapittel 5, sider 77-90. I:
- 2011. Sosialmedisin. Gyldendal Norsk Forlag A/S. 293 sider. ISBN: 9788205399150.
Salvage J, Rowson M, Melf K and Sandøy I (eds). The Medical Peace Work textbook, 2nd edition, Course 4: Structural violence and the underlying causes of violent conflict. London, Medact. Available at www.medicalpeacework.org.
CISMAC (Centre for Intervention Science in Maternal and Child Health) Se https://www.cismac.org/
NORPART Strengthening Health systems and health care Implementation through Network based graduate training and research Education in Zambia (BERGUNZA-SHINE)