I am part of the Reservoir Physics (Energy Technology and CO2 Storage) research group at the Dept. of Physics and Technology.
My research interest is multiphase flow in porous media, with two main focus areas: 1) subsurface hydrogen storage, 2) methane gas hydrates.
My work is based on experimental (microfluidics and core flooding) and numerical simulation (field scale) techniques. I am responsible for experimental activities at the Hydrate lab, where I perform and supervise master students with experimental work on hydrogen and methane. My future research will include a collaboration with SINTEF and NORCE.
- (2023). Pore-scale study of cyclic injection and microbial activity on H2 recovery and loss mechanisms during underground H2 storage.
- (2023). Microfluidic hydrogen storage capacity and residual trapping during cyclic injections: Implications for underground storage. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 31294-31304.
- (2023). Effect of relative permeability hysteresis on reservoir simulation of underground hydrogen storage in an offshore aquifer. Journal of Energy Storage.
- (2022). Pore-scale dynamics for underground porous media hydrogen storage. Advances in Water Resources.
- (2022). Pore-scale displacement and trapping mechanisms for underground hydrogen storage.
- (2022). Multiscale investigations of underground hydrogen storage.
- (2022). Microfluidic hydrogen injection for porous media storage.
- (2022). Impact of hysteresis on underground hydrogen storage.
- (2022). Hydrogen Relative Permeability Hysteresis in Underground Storage. Geophysical Research Letters. 1-8.
- (2021). Seasonal hydrogen storage in a depleted oil and gas field. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 25160-25174.
- (2021). Quantification of CH 4 Hydrate Film Growth Rates in Micromodel Pores. Crystal Growth & Design. 4090-4099.
Lysyy, M. (2018). Pore-scale investigation of methane hydrate phase transitions and growth rates in synthetic porous media (Master's thesis, The University of Bergen), https://bora.uib.no/bora-xmlui/handle/1956/18261
Instituttrådet 2021 ved Institutt for fysikk og teknologi, vara
Instituttrådet 2020 ved Institutt for fysikk og teknologi, representant
Frøken Lina Asbjørnsens Stipendiefond 2018
Frøken Lina Asbjørnsens Stipendiefond 2017