The aim of my project is to explore aspects of designing to fabricate printable customized CaP based bone scaffolds characterized for bone regeneration (e.g. ridge preservation). The design and the printing parameters of CaP based composites to produce porous multilayer 3D scaffolds are being investigated. Other FDA approved biomaterials may be added to the design to provide a back bone for a better mechanical stability to the prepared scaffolds.
- (2021). Local treatment of experimental mandibular osteomyelitis with an injectable biomimetic gentamicin hydrogel using a new rabbit model. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part B - Applied biomaterials. 1-12.
- (2021). Ectopic Bone Tissue Engineering in Mice Using Human Gingiva or Bone Marrow-Derived Stromal/Progenitor Cells in Scaffold-Hydrogel Constructs. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology.
- (2021). Bone regeneration in rat calvarial defects using dissociated or spheroid mesenchymal stromal cells in scaffold-hydrogel constructs. Stem Cell Research & Therapy.
- (2019). The bone regeneration capacity of 3D-printed templates in calvarial defect models: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Acta Biomaterialia. 1-23.
- (2019). 3D printable Polycaprolactone-gelatin blends characterized for in vitro osteogenic potency. Reactive & functional polymers.