My field of interest is to enhance scientific knowledge and application value of various natural products. I have previously worked with flavonoids and polyphenols from terrestrial plants and in recent years, my focus have been on natural products from the marine environment.
- Analysis of sulphated flavonoids from different aquatic plants and seagrasses collected in Norway
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of polyphenols from marine sources for biosystematics and ecology studies
- Analysis of marine sponges collected in Norway
- Polyphenolic and pigment analysis of macroalgae (seaweeds) and microalgae (including industrial cultivated algae)
- Searching for novel compounds in marine sources
Because of the structural diversity, characterization of natural products requires an integrated analytical approach including optimized extraction techniques, multiple steps of chromatography, High Resolutions Mass spectrometry (HRMS) and high field NMR analysis.
Oppgaver med problemstillinger innenfor analyse og bioprospektering av marint materiale (mikro og makroalger, sjøgress, akvatiske angiospermer, svamper)
- 2019. Anthocyanins from mauve flowers of Erlangea tomentosa (Bothriocline longipes) based on erlangidin – The first reported natural anthocyanidin with C-ring methoxylation. Phytochemistry Letters. 29: 225-230. doi: 10.1016/j.phytol.2018.12.016
- 2019. Auronidins are a previously unreported class of flavonoid pigments that challenges when anthocyanin biosynthesis evolved in plants. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 116: 20232-20239. doi: https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1912741116
- 2018. Characterization of Polyphenolic Content in the Aquatic Plants Ruppia cirrhosa and Ruppia maritima —A Source of Nutritional Natural Products. Molecules. 23: 1-15. doi: 10.3390/molecules23010016
- 2017. Characterization and seasonal variation of individual flavonoids in Zostera marina and Zostera noltii from Norwegian coastal waters. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology. 74: 42-50. doi: 10.1016/j.bse.2017.08.003
- 2016. Isolation and Identification of Flavonoids Found in Zostera marina Collected in Norwegian Coastal Waters. American Journal of Plant Sciences. 7: 1163-1172.
- 2016. Improving students learning process in a small class setting ‐ chemistry course in spectroscopy. UPED-skrift.
- 2016. High concentrations of aromatic acylated anthocyanins found in cauline hairs in Plectranthus ciliatus. Phytochemistry. 128: 27-34. doi: 10.1016/j.phytochem.2016.04.007
- 2014. Purple anthocyanin colouration on lower (abaxial) leaf surface of Hemigraphis colorata (Acanthaceae). Phytochemistry. 105: 141-146. doi: 10.1016/j.phytochem.2014.05.016
- 2014. Anthocyanins and their differential accumulation in the floral and vegetative tissues of a shrub species (Rhabdothamnus solandri A. Cunn). Scientia Horticulturae. 165: 29-35. doi: 10.1016/j.scienta.2013.10.032
- 2012. New anthocyanidin and anthocyanin pigments from blue plumbago. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 60: 1510-1515. doi: 10.1021/jf2048004
- 2011. Primitive anthocyanin from flowers of three hemiparasitic African mistletoes. Archives of Applied Science Research. 3: 1-5.
- 2011. Anthocyanins from ornamental flowers of red frangipani, Plumeria rubra. Scientia Horticulturae. 129: 840-843. doi: 10.1016/j.scienta.2011.03.053
- 2011. Anthocyanidin 3-galactosides from flowers of Abrus canescens Bak Full Text. African Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry. 5: 356-360.
- 2011. Identification of Cyanidin 3-O-β-(6″-(3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaroyl)glucoside) and Other Anthocyanins from Wild and Cultivated Blackberries. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 59: 7436-7440. doi: 10.1021/jf201522b
- 2011. Anthocyanins from Fuchsia Flowers. Natural Product Communications. 6: 35-40.
- 2010. Anthocyanins with unusual furanose sugar (apiose) from leaves of Synadenium grantii (Euphorbiaceae). Phytochemistry. 71: 1558-1563. doi: 10.1016/j.phytochem.2010.05.025
- 2010. Novel aspects of the flowers and floral pigmentation of two Cleome species (Cleomaceae), C. hassleriana and C. serrulata. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology. 38: 361-369. doi: 10.1016/j.bse.2010.03.005
- 2009. Acylated anthocyanins in inflorescence of spider flower (Cleome hassleriana). Phytochemistry. 70: 740-745. doi: 10.1016/j.phytochem.2009.03.017
- 2008. New anthocyanins from stem bark of castor, Ricinus communis. Natural Product Communications. 3: 1497-1500.
- 2007. Molar Absorptivities and Reducing Capacity of Pyranoanthocyanins and Other Anthocyanins. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 55: 10591-10598. doi: 10.1021/jf071417s
- 2007. Reactivity of anthocyanins and pyranoanthocyanins. Studies on aromatic hydrogen-deuterium exchange reactions in methanol. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 55: 8261-8268. doi: 10.1021/jf071132f
- 2007. Anthocyanins in Caprifoliaceae. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology. 35: 153-159. doi: 10.1016/j.bse.2006.09.010
- 2007. Anthocyanins in berries of Ribes including gooseberry cultivars with a high content of acylated pigments. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 55: 5529-5535. doi: 10.1021/jf0709000
- 2007. Anthocyanins in berries of Ribes including gooseberry cultivars with a high content of acylated pigments. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 55.
- 2006. Anthocyanins from flowers of Hippeastrum cultivars. Scientia Horticulturae. 109: 262-266.
- 2006. Preparative isolation and NMR characterization of carboxypyranoanthocyanins. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 54: 3572-3577. doi: 10.1021/jf053240c
- 2006. Characterization of Hemiacetal Forms of Anthocyanidin 3-O-b-Glycopyranosides. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 54: 9340-9346. doi: 10.1021/jf053240c
- 2007. Isolation, identification and properties of pyranoanthocyanins and anthocyanin forms. University of Bergen, Bergen. 237 sider.
- 2003. Plantepigmenter i bær. Isolering, karakterisering og kjemotaxonomi.
- 2013. Basic anthocyanin chemistry and dietary source. Chapter 2, sider 13-90. I:
- 2013. Anthocyanins in Health and Disease. CRC Press. 368 sider. ISBN: 9781439894712.
- 2010. Chemistry of flavonoid-based colors in plants. 3, sider 547-614. I:
- 2010. Comprehensive Natural Products II Chemistry and Biology. Elsevier. 7388 sider. ISBN: 978-0-08-045381-1.
- 2010. Anthocyanins. On-line. I:
- 2010. Encyclopedia of Life Sciences. Wiley-Blackwell. ISBN: 9780470015902.
- 2006. The Anthocyanins. 10, sider 471-551. I:
- 2006. Flavonoids Chemistry, Biochemistry and Applications. CRC Press. 1237 sider. ISBN: 0-8493-2021-6.
Jordheim Research Group:
- Lars Lien (UiB)
- Marie Emilie Wekre (UiB, Alginor ASA)
- Kari Nesse Johnsen
- Lars Andreas Barka Højmark
- Ying Yi (Havforskningsinstiuttet)
- Sindre Wesley Petersen
- Liza Mari Henden
- Collin Christopher Voster Danker
- Sondre Brunvoll