- Offshore wind energy,
- Wind-wave-turbulence-structure interaction,
- Signal processing and data acquisition system for metocean measurements,
- Image processing,
- Ocean/wave modelling,
- Large Eddy Simulation (wind turbine/farm interactions),
- Physical oceanography (ocean mixing and transport, Lagrangian particle tracking),
- Air-sea interaction, turbulence, and coherence structures,
- Turbulence parameterizations under effects of oscilatory wave motions,
- Meso and submesoscale oceanic eddies in the North Sea,
ENERGI200 (2019-2021) will provide an overview over various energy resources focusing on renewable resources, as well as national and international energy use and production.
- Hai Bui (researcher at HIPERWIND, 2021-on)
- Mohammadreza Mohammadpour Penchah (researcher at HIPERWIND, 2021-on)
- Devanil Choudhury (2021)
Current supervision/co-supervision of PhD students
- Christiane Duscha (GFI/UiB): Remote sensing of the atmospheric boundary layer for wind energy research (2019-2022)
- Maria Krutova (GFI/UiB): Investigation of wave meandring behind wind turbines (2019-2023)
- Martin Flügge (GFI/UiB): Characterization of the marine atmospheric boundary layer for offshore wind energy applications (2010-2013).
- Xu Ning: Wind-wave-turbine interactions (2020-)
Accomplished supervision of PhD students:
Hamman Deilami Azodi (2018),
Supervision of master students:
- Rouzbeh Siavashi, 2017-2018: Modelling power output and structural response of offshore wind turbines as function of atmospheric stability and sea state.
- Tiril Konow, 2021-on: Underwater noise emitted by offshore wind turbines.
- Christina Ekrem Dimmen:Atmospherice noise emitted by wind turbines.
- Tore Totland Skjerdal: Wind-wave misalignments and offshore wind turbine power variations.
- Adrian Nilsen Grotle: Impact of Wind-wave interactions on offshore turbine structural responses.
- Martine Rønning: Reduced order models based on model results and LiDAR measurements.
- (2022). Mesoscale Simulation of Open Cellular Convection: Roles of Model Resolutions and Physics Parameterizations. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS).
- (2022). Development of an automatic thresholding method for wake meandering studies and its application to the data set from scanning wind lidar. Wind Energy Science. 849-873.
- (2021). Predictive Capability of WRF Cycling 3DVAR: LiDAR Assimilation at FINO1. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). 17 sider.
- (2021). Analysis of offshore wind spectra and coherence under neutral stability condition using the two LES models PALM and SOWFA . Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS).
- (2020). Statistic and coherence response of ship-based lidar observations to motion compensation. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS).
- (2020). Predictive Analysis of Machine Learning Schemes in Forecasting of Offshore Wind. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS).
- (2020). On Stochastic Reduced-Order and LES-based ModelsofOffshore Wind Turbine Wakes. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS).
- (2020). Ocean surface hidden structures in the Lofoten area of the Norwegian Sea. Dynamics of atmospheres and oceans (Print). 1-14.
- (2020). Interaction between mesoscale eddies and the gyre circulation in the Lofoten basin. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Oceans. 1-13.
- (2020). Evaluation of Gaussian wake models under different atmospheric stability conditions: Comparison with large eddy simulation results. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS).
- (2019). Wind Stress in the Coastal Zone: Observations from a Buoy in Southwestern Norway . Atmosphere. 1-32.
- (2019). Numerical solution of regularised long ocean waves using periodised scaling functions. Pramana (Bangalore).
- (2019). A wavelet-entropy based segmentation of turbulence measurements from a moored shear probe near the wavy sea surface. SN Applied Sciences. 22 sider.
- (2019). A comparison of Langmuir turbulence parameterizations and key wave effects in a numerical model of the North Atlantic and Arctic Oceans. Ocean Modelling. 76-97.
- (2018). The role of roughness and stability on the momentum flux in the marine atmospheric surface layer: A study on the Southwestern Atlantic Ocean. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Atmospheres. 3914-3932.
- (2017). Wavelet Galerkin scheme for solving nonlinear dispersive shallow water waves: Application in bore propagation and breaking. Wave motion. 24-44.
- (2017). STATISTICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF OCEAN CURRENTS: MEASUREMENTS FROM FIXED AND MOVING PLATFORMS. International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering (OMAE) [proceedings].
- (2017). Current and turbulence measurements at the FINO1 offshore wind energy site: analysis using 5-beam ADCPs. Ocean Dynamics. 109-130.
- (2017). A surface-layer study of the transport and dissipation of turbulent kinetic energy and the variances of temperature, humidity and CO2. Boundary-Layer Meteorology. 211-231.
- (2016). Turbulence-particle interactions under surface gravity waves. Ocean Dynamics. 1429-1448.
- (2016). Proof of concept for turbulence measurements with the RPAS SUMO during the BLLAST campaign. Atmospheric Measurement Techniques. 4901-4913.
- (2016). Comparison of direct covariance flux measurements from an offshore tower and a buoy. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology. 873-890.
- (2016). Automated Measurements of Whitecaps on the Ocean Surface from a Buoy-Mounted Camera. Methods in oceanography. 14-31.
- (2015). Particle motions beneath irrotational water waves. Ocean Dynamics. 1063-1078.
- (2015). Offshore wind farm wake effect on stratification and coastal upwelling. Energy Procedia. 131-140.
- (2015). Lagrangian measurement of waves and near surface turbulence from acoustic instruments. Energy Procedia. 141-150.
- (2014). Turbulence structure in the upper ocean: a comparative study of observations and modelling. Ocean Dynamics. 611-631.
- (2014). The influence of surface gravity waves on the injection of turbulence in the upper ocean. Nonlinear processes in geophysics. 713-733.
- (2014). Sea surface gravity wave - wind interaction in the marine atmospheric boundary layer. Energy Procedia. 184-192.
- (2014). Autonomous ocean turbulence measurements using shear probes on a moored instrument. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology. 474-490.
- (2013). Wave-induced characteristics of atmospheric turbulence flux measurements. Energy Procedia. 102-112.
- (2013). Turbulence measurements in shallow water from a subsurface moored moving platform. Energy Procedia. 307-316.
- (2013). Perturbation in the atmospheric acoustic field from a large offshore wind farm in the presence of surface gravity waves. Energy Procedia. 113-120.
- (2012). Upper ocean response to large wind farm effect in the presence of surface gravity waves. Energy Procedia. 245-254.
- (2012). Surface gravity wave effects on the upper ocean boundary layer: modification of a one-dimensional vertical mixing model. Continental Shelf Research. 63-78.
- (2012). Modelling the effect of ocean waves on the atmospheric and ocean boundary layers. Energy Procedia. 166-175.
- (2020). Ship-based multi-sensor remote sensing and its potential for offshore wind research.
- (2019). The COTUR campaign - measuring offshore turbulence and coherence with lidars.
- (2019). The COTUR campaign - measuring offshore turbulence and coherence With lidars.
- (2017). The NORCOWE legacy - Data and Instrumentation.
- (2017). Meteorological measurements during OBLEX-F1.
- (2017). Air-Sea Interacton at Wind Energy Site in FINO1 Using DCF (Lidar) Measurements from OBLEX-F1 campaign.
- (2016). Upper Ocean Variability at FINO1 Wind Energy Site: Observation and Modelling.
- (2016). Turbulent fluxes observed during the Air-Sea Interaction at the Brazil-Malvinas Confluence.
- (2016). Turbulence Across the Wavy Air-sea interface: Energetics and Transport .
- (2016). Small scale turbulence structure in the upper ocean: a model-observation study.
- (2016). NORCOWE contributions to improvements in measurement methods and measurement technique.
- (2014). Air-sea interaction influenced by swell waves.
- (2021). A Mesoscale Model Sensitivity over the Southern North Sea: Comparison with Measurements and Impacts of Data Assimilation.
- (2020). On the Stochastic Reduced-Order and LES-based Models of Offshore Wind Turbine Wake.
- (2016). Lecturer of GEOF210.
- (2016). Characterization of wave-related processes in the upper ocean boundary layer in the North Sea: OBLEX-F1 experiment,.
- (2016). Boundary-Layer Study at FINO1.
- (2016). Boundary-Layer Study at FINO1.
- (2015). Turbulence structure beneath surface gravity waves from measurements to model simulation runs.
- (2015). Overflatebølger og vekselvirkninger hav-atmosfære.
- (2015). Floating Platform Motion Correction Using Video Camera Images.
- (2015). Application of vision-based techniques in the study of air-sea interaction processes.
- (2012). Numerical Modelling of Wind-Driven Circulation Behind a Large Wind Farm In the presence of Surface Gravity Waves.
- (2012). Modelling the effect of ocean waves on the atmospheric and ocean boundary layers.
- (2011). Impacts of Surface Gravity Waves on the Near Surface Dynamic of Open Ocean.
- (2014). Small-scale turbulence dynamics under sea surface gravity waves.
- (2022). Mesoscale simulation of open cellular convection: roles of model resolutions and physics parameterizations.
- (2021). Wind-Wave Interaction under Changing Atmospheric and Sea-State Conditions.
- (2021). Offshore Wind Turbine Near- and Far-wake Acoustic Noise Propagation.
- (2021). Exploring the potential of synthetic turbulence in large eddy simulations during stable conditions over ocean wind farms.
- (2021). Analysis of Wind Spectra and Coherence in Neutral Stability at Sea Based on Two LES Codes.
- (2021). An introduction of image processing methods to the wake detection.
- (2021). A study of nested simulations in PALM LES in application to the wind turbines.
- (2020). The COTUR project: Remote sensing of offshore turbulence for wind energy application.
- (2020). Short-term Offshore Wind Speed Foarcasting with an Efficient Machine Learning Approach.
- (2020). Evaluation of Gaussian wake models.
- (2020). Study of Wind-Wave Interac2ons Based on a Wave-Modified Two Equa2on Model and Measurements at FINO1.
- (2019). The OBLO infrastructure project - Measurement capabilities for offshore wind energy research in Norway.
- (2018). Sensitivity analysis of the response of a floating wind turbine.
- (2017). Availability of the OBLO infrastructure for wind energy research in Norway.
- (2016). Turbulent Structure over Air-Sea Wavy Interface: Large-Eddy Simulation.
- (2016). The sea surface current response to wave and wind: numerical modeling.
- (2016). OBLO instrumentation at FINO1.
- (2016). Nonlinear wave propagation and breaking in the coastal area.
- (2016). Lagrangian Study of Turbulence Structure Near the Sea Surface .
- (2015). The Offshore Boundary Layer Observatory (OBLO).
- (2015). Near Surface Turbulence and Gravity Wave Measurements Using a Lagrangian Drifter.
- (2015). Assessment of wind turbine representation in the upper ocean circulation and turbulence variability.
- (2014). Observational and numerical study of wave-turbulence interaction near the sea surface.
- (2012). Upper Ocean Response to Large Wind Farm Effect in the Presence of Surface Gravity Waves.
- (2012). Observations and simulation of turbulence in the ocean surface boundary layer.
- (2011). Wind, wave, and current interactions in the upper ocean.
- (2018). Correction to: Current and turbulence measurements at the FINO1 offshore wind energy site: analysis using 5-beam ADCPs. Ocean Dynamics. 157-157.
- (2017). Erratum to: Turbulence-particle interactions under surface gravity waves. Ocean Dynamics. 557-557.
 Large Eddy Simulation Modelling of Offshore Wind Farms Under the Influence of Varying Atmospheric Stability and Sea-State Conditions
 CONWIND: Research on smart operation control technologies for offshore windfarms (lead by NORCE)
 HIPERWIND: HIghly advanced Probabilistic design and enhanced Reliability methods for high-value, cost-efficient offshore WIND (EU H2020 lead by DTU)
2021 – Leder for gruppen for fornybar energi ved Geofysisk institutt UiB.
2021 - leder av energiprogramstyre, UiB.