Adjunct Researcher, Department of Bioethics, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda MD, USA
- 2020. The internet hospital as a telehealth model in China: Systematic search and content analysis. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 1-9.
- 2020. Issues and challenges associated with data-sharing in LMICs: perspectives of researchers in Thailand. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 528-536.
- 2020. Allocating a COVID-19 vaccine: Balancing national and international responsibilities. Milbank Quarterly. 17 sider.
- 2019. Conducting human challenge studies in LMICs: A survey of researchers and ethics committee members in Thailand. PLOS ONE. 1-11.
- 2018. Should a Country Follow WHO’s Guidelines on the Pathway to Universal Health Coverage? A Case Illustration with the Chinese Healthcare System. Asian Bioethics Review (ABR). 171-187.
- 2018. Ethical issues in human germline gene editing: a perspective from China. Monash Bioethics Review. 23-35.
- 2017. The Guinea phase III ebola vaccine trial: Lessons for research ethics review in public health emergencies. IRB: Ethics& Human Research. 1-7.
- 2017. Comparative effectiveness research: what to do when experts disagree about risks. BMC Medical Ethics. 1-9.
- 2016. Understanding the futility of countries' obligations for health rights: realizing justice for the global poor. BMC International Health and Human Rights. 1-11.
- 2016. Reassessing diagrams of cardiac mechanics. From Otto Frank to Ernest Starling to Hiroyuki Suga. Perspectives in biology and medicine. 471-490.
- 2016. No ethical divide between China and the West in human embryo research. Developing World Bioethics. 116-120.
- 2016. Eugenics and mandatory informed prenatal genetic testing: a unique perspective from China. Developing World Bioethics. 107-115.
- 2015. A survey of scientist and policy makers’ attitudes toward research on stored human biological materials in Sri Lanka. Developing World Bioethics. 226-232.
- 2014. Obligations of poor countries in ensuring global justice: The case of Uganda. Etikk i praksis. 82-96.
- 2014. Following the giant’s paces. Governance issues and Bioethics in China. BMC Medical Ethics. 9 sider.
- 2013. Aiming at a moving target: research ethics in the context of evolving standards of care and prevention. Journal of Medical Ethics. 699-702.
- 2012. A Randomized Controlled Trial of Short and Standard-Length Consent Forms for a Genetic Cohort Study: Is Longer Better? Journal of Epidemiology. 308-316.
- 2011. What counts as reliable evidence for public health policy: the case of circumcision for preventing HIV infection. BMC Medical Research Methodology. 34.
- 2011. Should sponsors and DSMBs share interim results across trials? Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 433-435.
- 2010. Attitudes towards transfers of human tissue samples across borders: An international survey of researchers and policy makers in five countries. BMC Medical Ethics. 7 sider.
- 2008. The Ancillary-Care Obligations of Medical Researchers Working in Developing Countries. PLoS Medicine. e90.
- 2008. Research ethics training in Peru. A case study. PLOS ONE.
- 2008. Priority setting in health care: Lessons for the US from the experiences of six countries. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2008. Principles vs. procedures in making health care coverage decisions: Addressing inevitable conflicts. Theoretical Medicine and Bioethics. 73-85.
- 2008. Ethics of future disclosure of individual risk information in a genetic cohort study: A survey of donor preferences. Journal of Epidemiology. 217-224.
- 2007. Two methods of obtaining informed consent in a genetic epidemiological study: Effect on understanding. Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics. 39-48.
- 2007. Privacy shakes Japan’s statistics on health and welfare. Eubios Journal of Asian and International Bioethics. 41-48.
- 2007. Ethics of placebo controlled trials and ethics of ancillary care. Rinsho Hyoka (Clinical Evaluation). 283-310.
- 2006. Circumcision and HIV prevention research. An ethical analysis. The Lancet. 522-525.
- 2006. Bioethical implications of globalization: An international consortium project of the European commission. PLoS Medicine. 173-176.
- 2005. Physician migration: Views from professionals in Columbia, Nigeria, India, and the Philippines. Social Science and Medicine. 2492-2500.
- 2005. Biomedisinsk sykdomsmodell og rettferdig fordeling av uførepensjon. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 3293-3296.
- 2005. Biomedisinsk sykdomsmodell og materielle kriterier for rettferdig fordeling av uforepensjonssaker. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 3293-3296.
- 2004. The standard of care debate: the Declaration of Helsinki versus the international consensus opinion. Journal of Medical Ethics. 190-193.
- 2004. The standard of care debate: Can research in developing countries be both ethical and responsive to those countries' health needs? American Journal of Public Health. 923-928.
- 2004. The General Agreement on Trade in Services: Implications for policy makers. Health Affairs. 137-145.
- 2004. Setting limits fairly: Can we learn to share medical resources? Journal of Health Politics Policy and Law. 1125-1128.
- 2004. Research ethics and evidence based medicine. Journal of Medical Ethics. 122-125.
- 2004. Moral standards for research in developing countries. From "Reasonable Availability" to "Fair Benefits". The Hastings center report. 17-24.
- 2004. Health, human rights and mobilization of resources for health. BMC International Health and Human Rights.
- 2001. Intellectural property rights and confidentiality. Acta Tropica. 54-61.
- 1999. Ethical issues in international collaboration in vaccine trials. Archives of clinical bioethics. 15-18.
- 1999. Comprehension of the informed consent form and general knowledge of vaccines among potential participants for an HIV vaccine trial in Brazil. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Medicine. 253-260.
- 1998. Ethics of resource allocation in developing countries: the case of Sri Lanka. Social Science and Medicine. 1171-1180.
- 1998. Ethics of placebo controlled trials in developing countries. Bioethics. 307-311.
- 1997. The ethics of the physician-patient relationship. Ethical Perspectives. 263-270.
- 1997. Medisinsk etikk, Foucault og homoseksualitet. Lambda Nordica: Tidskrift om homosexualitet. 41-49.
- 1995. Informed consent to preventive AIDS vaccine trials in Brazil: a pilot study. AIDS & Public Policy Journal. 22-26.
- 1997. Ethical issues in clinical trial collaborations with developing countries. .
- 1997. Annotated bibliography on equity and health policy. 1. 1. .
- 1995. '...Og den leiken den ville han sjå.' Dei litterære perversjonane og normalisering av teksta. .
- 1998. International justice and vaccines.
- 1998. Informed consent and HIV vaccine trials.
- 1998. Human rights, equity and health sector reform.
- 1997. Health care ethics.
- 1997. General introduction to medical ethics.
- 1997. General introduction to medical ethics.
- 1997. Equity and Health Policy.
- 1997. Cross cultural medical ethics.
- 2001. The 2000 World Health Report.
- 2001. Research ethics in developing countries.
- 2001. Human rights, equity and health sector reform in Thailand: a key concept for effective health policies.
- 1999. Intellectual property rights.
- 1999. Ethical issues in international research.
- 1998. Ethical dilemmas in clinical work: A research base for a teaching module for South and South East Asia.
- 1998. Consensus conferences as political instruments.
- 1997. Ethical issues in the physician patient relationship.
- 2010. Asian Bioethics - Breaking New Grounds. Asian Bioethics Review (ABR). 1-2.
- 2007. Ancillary care responsibilities in observational research: Two cases, two problems. The Lancet. 874-877.
- 2004. The standard of care debate: Conceptual clarifications - Wendler et al. respond. American Journal of Public Health. 2048-2049.
- 2004. Letter to the editor: Unethical sham intervention. Pain. 411-411.
- 2012. Review of Nie: Medical Ethics in China. Asian Bioethics Review (ABR). 240-246.
- 2010. Proceedings of an international workshop on Advanced Clinical Research Ethics. University of Istanbul.
- 2008. Oxford Textbook of Clinical Research Ethics. Oxford University Press.
- 2005. Evidence-based practice in medicine and health care. Springer.
- 2002. Healthy thoughts. European Perspectives on Health Care Ethics. Peeters Publishers.
- 1999. Health Ethics in Six SEAR countries.
- 1999. Ethical dilemmas and resource allocation. Two questionnaire studies.
- 2013. The Badness of Death at Early Age - A philosophical inquiry into the Deprivation Account and the Time-Relative Interest Account on The Badness of Death.
Brev til redaktøren
- 2010. The Fair Benefits Approach Revisited. The Hastings center report. 3.
- 2018. The Cosmopolitan Rights of Foreigners. A Phenomenological Defense of Cosmopolitan Law.
- 2016. Can Resource-Poor Countries Bear any Obligations for Global Distributive Justice? A Reflection on the Distribution of Global health Opportunities.
- 2014. Justice and the Basic Medical Insurance System in China.
- 2012. South Africa's Duty to Support Health Research for the Global Poor.
- 2007. Standard of care owed to participants in trials: Different standards in different countries? 6 sider.
- 2007. Post-genom forskning. Et prioriteringsproblem. 11 sider.
- 2005. Research ethics and evidence based medicine. 8 sider.
- 2005. Globalization, liberalization of trade and health. 10 sider.
- 2002. The HIV Perinatal Transmission Studies and the Debate about the Revision of the Helsinki Declaration. 18 sider.
- 2002. The Ethics of the Physician-Patient Relationship. The Anglo-American Approach in the European Context. 20 sider.
- 2002. Randomised Clinical Trials. 18 sider.
- 2002. Introduction. 1 sider.
- 1999. Etterord.
- 1997. Genetiske tester og kunnskap om risiko for sykdom. 5 sider.
- 1996. Forskningens innhold. Det medisinske fakultets historie. 72 sider.
- 1995. Bioethics in Scandinavia, 1991 - 1993. 26 sider.
- 2015. Obligations of low income countries in ensuring equity in global health financing. BMC Medical Ethics.