- M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology.
- Ph.D. thesis: Effects of Internet-based treatment for depression and anxiety in regular outpatient clinics.
- Professional interests: e-mental health and improving (access to) mental healthcare.
- Current position: Postdoctoral researcher on the INTROMAT project.
- Projects aim: to develop innovative technology-based treatment for adults suffering from ADHD.
- 2020. Internet-delivered mental health treatment systems in Scandinavia – A usability evaluation. Internet Interventions.
- 2020. Internet-delivered mental health treatment systems in Scandinavia - A usability evaluation. Internet Interventions.
- 2020. E-Learning to Improve Suicide Prevention Practice Skills Among Undergraduate Psychology Students: Randomized Controlled Trial. JMIR Mental health.
- 2018. Cost effectiveness of guided Internet-based interventions for depression in comparison with control conditions: An individual–participant data meta-analysis. Depression and Anxiety.
- 2017. Internet-based treatment systems - A survey of systems for common mental disorder.
- 2019. Psychological interventions for the Fear of Public Speaking: A Meta-analysis. . 1-27.
- 2018. Do guided internet-based interventions result in clinically relevant changes for patients with depression? An individual participant data meta-analysis. 80-92.
Ebrahimi, O. V., Pallesen, S., Kenter, R. M. F., & Nordgreen, T. (2019). Psychological Interventions for the Fear of Public Speaking: A Meta-Analysis. 10.
Karyotaki, E. , Ebert, D. D. , Donkin, L. , Riper, H. , Twisk, J. , Burger, S. , Rozental, A. , Lange, A. , Williams, A. D. , Zarski, A. C. , Geraedts, A. , van Straten, A. , Kleiboer, A. , Kenter RMF, Meyer, B. , Ünlü Ince, B. B. , Buntrock, C. , Lehr, D. , Snoek, F. J. , Andrews, G. , Andersson, G., (2018) Do guided internet-based interventions result in clinically relevant changes for patients with depression? An individual participant data meta-analysis. Clinical Psychology Review. 63, p. 80-92 13 p. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpr.2018.06.007
Kolovos S., van Dongen JM., Riper H., Buntrock C., Cuijpers P., Ebert DD., Geraedts AS., Kenter RMF., Nobis S., Smith A., Warmerdam L., Hayden JA., van Tulder MW., Bosmans JE. Cost effectiveness of guided Internet-based interventions for depression in comparison with control conditions: An individual-participant data meta-analysis (2018), In: Depression and Axniety. 35 p209-219 https://doi.org/10.1002/da.22714
Kenter R.M.F. (2016), Internet treatment in routine mental healthcare; research on Internet-based treatment for patients with depression and anxiety. Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, the Netherlands. ISBN/EAN: 978-94-91602-64-1.
Kolovos S, Kenter R.M.F., Bosmans JE, Beekman A, Cuijpers P, Kok R & van Straten A: Cost-effectiveness of Providing Internet-based Guided Self-help Treatment to Outpatients Waiting for Face-to-face Treatment: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Affective Disorders 200 (2016) 284–292 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2016.04.025
Kenter R.M.F., Cuijpers P, Beekman A., van Straten A: Short-Term Effectiveness of Web-Based Guided Self-Help for Depressed Outpatients: a Randomized Controlled Trial. J Med Internet Res 2016;18(3):e80 doi:10.2196/jmir.4861
Kenter R.M.F, van der Ven P, Koole G, Cuijpers P, Niamant S, Gerrits R, Willems M, van Straten A: Costs and Effects of Internet Cognitive Behavioral Treatment Blended with Face-to-face treatment: Results from a Naturalistic Study. Internet Interventions 2015, 2: 77
Kenter R.M.F, van Straten A, Hobbel S, Smit F, Bosman J, Beekman A, Cuijpers P: Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of guided online treatment for patients with major depressive disorder on a waiting list for psychotherapy: study protocol of a randomized controlled trial. Trials 2013, 14:412
Kenter R.M.F., Warmerdam L, Brouwer-Dudokdewit C, Cuijpers P, van Straten A: Guided online treatment in routine mental health care: an observational study on uptake, drop-out and effects. BMC Psychiatry 2013, 13: 43.
2016-2021 INTROMAT (INTROducing Mental health through Adaptive Technology; funded by NFR)
We aim to develop a treatment program based on CBT, DBT, GMT and Mindfulness, which will adress everyday problems met by adults with ADHD. At the same time we develop technological devises, with the aim to strengthen the effect of treatment procedures and problems related to emotional and cognitive control in more general.
2012-2016 Everything under Control (funded by ZonMW)
PhD project which examined the costs and effects of Internet delivered treatment for patients with depression and anxiety in outpatient clinics.